“Good food, but even better service!”
Review of Katsuya by Starck

Katsuya by Starck
Reserve with OpenTable
Katsuya by Starck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,172 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street
Description: Enjoy Chef Uechi's signature sushi and robata with new touches inspired by Miami's local Latin flavor at SLS South Beach.
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The food here is good! My sister and myself enjoyed my bornday kickoff by having dinner here. Service from Sam was impeccable!!! His friendliness and attentiveness was just beyond amazing! Service in Miami is HORRIBLE almost anywhere, but Sam showed me different and I'm glad being it was my sister's first time in Miami and I wanted it to be pleasant. He went above and beyond our expectations.

The food is good too. I did have a dish that I wasn't too happy with but, Sam replaced it that I really enjoyed. My bday dessert was a tantalizing yummy taste of sweet, tart and salty lol. My sister and I enjoyed it.

The manager Robert was of great assistance when our reservations were jacked up. Mary was very pleasant and helpful as well. I'm very impressed with the service here and they most definitely need to make more "Sam's" for Miami service lol.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Wow... highly recommended crispy rice, Brussels sprouts,and hamachi ponsu. Natshira gave really good suggestions, We had such a great time there, definitely we will be back soon

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

As I'm writing this review I can't wait to go back and we intend to in a couple of days. First off, fantastic happy hour which is 7 days a week from 6 to 8. Great drinks and awesome appys from the crispy rice to the out of this world ceviche! Laritza the bartender was awesome, very friendly and everything she suggested she didn't disappoint. I just loved the hostess, Ladonna...such a wonderful lady, outgoing and very friendly...she made us feel right at home the minute we walked through the door. Our server, Sam, was awesome. He knows the menu very well and made great suggestions. I had the miso glazed black cod that melted in my mouth and my husband had the ponzu salmon which to him is the best salmon he's ever eaten and he eats a lot of salmon...I love the style of the restaurant which is located inside the SLS hotel. We are definitely returning this week and I can't wait!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is phenomenal. I am getting hungry writing this. I cant wait to return. Our waiter was amazing. His recommendations were honest and on POINT. The servers name was Evian. We had the chefs tasting menu and an order of Brussels sprouts. Every item that came was unbelievably good. We were two people and did one tasting the Brussels sprouts ( which this may sound crazy but they were AMAZINGLY GOOD) and two orders of Negri (we were perfectly full). Coffee and desert great and then off the Hyde.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious without exceptions, everything we tried we wanted to reorder. Cocktails were fine quality and with restaurant personal twist. Service was flawless. We will definitely visit again.