“Over The Top..very good claws though it must be said..”
Review of Joe's Stone Crab

Joe's Stone Crab
Ranked #55 of 1,160 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast. Joe's also shipping overnight anywhere in the US.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Yes its famous--its been going forever, seemingly. But...
I personally think its hardly worth the bruhaha..because in the end its USA formulaic & expensive without true distinction.
They don't take reservations (really? I commit to going but you won't acknowledge that with giving me a reservation?)..& I don't like hanging around (up to 1 > 2 hours sometimes) either getting pissed drinking overpriced alcohol , or....just hanging around.

Nor worth the hype.

The crab claws were terrific, but little else shone with the fried foods heavy-handed & really not worth all the fuss.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,912)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent meal with the best service I have had in a long time. All staff were friendly and efficient and portions tasty and large.
Crab claws were sweet and tasty and the salmon excellent.
So as not to queue get there before 6pm.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

First time here and it was awesome! This place is a little fancy so make sure you are dressed appropriately. Great food and good service.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for over 40 years and it never disappoints. I had the jumbo stone crab and they were delicious. It is a bit pricey so as an alternative you can have the classic which gives you a taste of all that they are known for. My husband had the Maine lobster tail that was enormous and wonderful. We shared the COLE slaw, hash browns,creamed spinach and their amazing onion rings. Wines are reasonably priced and we had a bottle of Sancerre. They have delicious fried chicken which is the best deal on the menu. Service is efficient and friendly. A must if you are in MIAMI.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

It could be a tourist trap, but it is not at all. Long wait, but a great bar to hang out at while waiting. Very efficient, friendly professional staff. The crab is to die for. We were all in! I blinked twice at the price of the king crab leg entree, but got it any way. We also had fried oysters, scallops and - of course - snow crabs. We finished every last bit of food on the table and left very happy. The cocktails helped the mood for sure! My partner as well as my 9 year old son both agree: we will return.