“Great seafood worth the wait”
Review of Joe's Stone Crab

Joe's Stone Crab
Ranked #55 of 1,165 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast. Joe's also shipping overnight anywhere in the US.
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Went to Joe's Stone Crab for a dinner at the end of our trip to Miami. The wait to get a table was long as expected but the seafood was great. I would recommend it if you are prepared to wait for a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,994)

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

The Stone crab are very tasty and we got the medium, which was about seven Stone crab claws all cracked. They were delicious. My wife got the crab bisque, which I think I ate half of it because it was so good. I ordered the Manhattan clam chowder and it was ok. I would certainly come back if I was in South Beach again.

1  Thank Allison A
Reviewed 18 May 2018

So unbearably loud, we could not tell whether the food was good or not.. Terrible experience.
Suggestion: divide immense room into smaller alcoves or room and use acoustical materials to reduce noise.
Sara Baker

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We went here before heading home to Nj. We had heard it is open during stone crab season so we had to go. The waiter was so knowledgeable. He helped us order and showed us how to eat the crab. Amazing. The crab was spectacular. The onion rings are to die for. We will be back.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I visited Joe's Stone Crab for lunch, ordered an appetizer of large stone crab claws, the black mussels, asparagus, and the key lime pie. Everything was absolutely delicious. The waiter was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the group men who were valet they were rudely eyeballing the guest and joking as patrons were arriving and leaving.