“GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE B U T BEWARE OF THE UPSELL”
Review of Osteria del Teatro

Osteria del Teatro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria del Teatro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,110 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Everything has been homemade for the last 30 years at this award-winning Italian Restaurant, which is tucked inside the stylish Art Deco District of South Beach. We offer lots of Seafood, Vegetarian and Gluten Free options. With a wonderful Happy Hour everyday from 5pm-7pm. We are now open for lunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-3pm.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a delicious meal and service was great - restaurant beautiful BUT watch out for the up sell. With special dishes of the day they should either have the price listed on the menu and/or after they recite each - say the price. I wound up ordering one of the pasta specials and when the check came it was $35!! Admittedly it was delicious - but if I knew it it was going to be $35 I would NOT have ordered it and chosen another. Bill for 2 with caesar salad (very good), 2 pasta dishes - the other one $20 - 2 deserts - also very good and a bottle of water ($9) came to over $135 including tax and $18 gratuity which they add in and a blank space for "Additional Tip." Again, the meal was wonderful, the place beautiful and service good BUT BUYER BEWARE. If I go there again I won't be shy about asking 'how much' when they reel off their list of sumptuous promotions - lobster, etc laden specials. Unless you don't care how much you pay for a wonderful meal out - you'd be wise to do the same.

1  Thank David G

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback and for joining us. I am terribly sorry you felt the team was trying to up-sell you in any way as I can assure you that is never our intention nor is it how our employees are trained. Our goal is to ensure our guests feel comfortable, choose the best options for them and leave with a smile and fulfilled appetite. Again, your feedback is appreciated and will be conveyed back to the entire staff as we take all comments seriously.

Gilbert, Owner

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My husband and I had the pleasure to eat dinner at the bar of this charming Italian restaurant. The ambiance is lovely and very romantic. The owner, Gilbert, is hands on and explains all the specials. He is very funny and obviously passionate about his restaurant. The food was beautifully prepared, generous portions, and served piping hot. The prices were reasonable and we are very glad to have found this gem. It is definitely on our list of restaurants to go to when next we are in South Beach.

Laura,

Thanks so much for joining us! I am extremely passionate about Osteria, our food, our team (my jokes) and our guests - and I am so glad you felt that. :)

Looking forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Until next time,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I went for dinner. The menu is very comprehensive offering numerous options plus specialties of the day. The waiters are very kind and on top of the customer.

G8M, Owner at Osteria del Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you had a great experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in Miami Beach. There are 100s of restaurants to pick from. I was looking for something we could walk to from our hotel at 16th & Collins plus I needed something that had Gluten Free options for my husband.

Of course, I was in the mood for Italian and my husband is a trooper as long as there is GF pasta available/choices. Well, Osteria is not only GF friendly, but from the reservation call to the end of our was great!

The restaurant is quaint and sitting is close together, but never felt uncomfortable. Everyone was attentive and would be helpful even if not your server. The owner is friendly and makes sure everything is to your liking with multiple check-ins at your table.

The food was delicious!! I asked a couple next to us that seemed to be there many times before what they like. There response it is all great and consistent. Even the server, said you can't go wrong with any dishes. They were all correct.

We enjoyed the salad "platia," burrata, linguine with shrimp, and penne (GF) with vodka sauce. Everything was tasty and not heavy at all. The GF pasta was the best we ever had. Unfortunately too full for dessert, but we will be back!

(Dress: business casual, or can be more dressy)

1  Thank Misty R

Hi Misty,

I am so glad you found us and enjoyed your meal! We understand how hard it can be to find gluten free options, especially Italian cuisine. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your pasta and the overall experience. I hope to see you the next time you are in Miami!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I joined my friend in Miami for an impromptu birthday trip. I asked my uncle for a reference since he used to live there, so he made reservations for us here. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The entire staff was wonderful and attentive. The owner Gilbert, was extremely welcoming and charming. Our server, Carlito, was delightful as well! Our 4 course meal consisted of a variety of well presented and equally delicious items! To top it off, the staff sung Happy Birthday to me over dessert. I would absolutely recommend Osteria del Teatro!!

G8M, Owner at Osteria del Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your review and kind words! I'm so glad to hear your enjoyed dinner and our amazing singing voices ;) I am thrilled your uncle referred us and hope to see you again the next time you're in Miami.