“Excellent Italian food! ”
Review of Osteria del Teatro

Osteria del Teatro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria del Teatro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,112 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Everything has been homemade for the last 30 years at this award-winning Italian Restaurant, which is tucked inside the stylish Art Deco District of South Beach. We offer lots of Seafood, Vegetarian and Gluten Free options. With a wonderful Happy Hour everyday from 5pm-7pm. We are now open for lunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-3pm.
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to experience classic homemade Italian food, every dish we had was flavorful and fresh, service is excellent. I recommend to visit the bar and experience the happy hour before dinner.

G8M, Owner at Osteria del Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for joining us! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our Happy Hour, your meal and our service!. The next time you are in South Beach please join us for our new lunch menu!

Until next time,

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a delicious meal and service was great - restaurant beautiful BUT watch out for the up sell. With special dishes of the day they should either have the price listed on the menu and/or after they recite each - say the price. I wound up ordering one of the pasta specials and when the check came it was $35!! Admittedly it was delicious - but if I knew it it was going to be $35 I would NOT have ordered it and chosen another. Bill for 2 with caesar salad (very good), 2 pasta dishes - the other one $20 - 2 deserts - also very good and a bottle of water ($9) came to over $135 including tax and $18 gratuity which they add in and a blank space for "Additional Tip." Again, the meal was wonderful, the place beautiful and service good BUT BUYER BEWARE. If I go there again I won't be shy about asking 'how much' when they reel off their list of sumptuous promotions - lobster, etc laden specials. Unless you don't care how much you pay for a wonderful meal out - you'd be wise to do the same.

1  Thank David G

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback and for joining us. I am terribly sorry you felt the team was trying to up-sell you in any way as I can assure you that is never our intention nor is it how our employees are trained. Our goal is to ensure our guests feel comfortable, choose the best options for them and leave with a smile and fulfilled appetite. Again, your feedback is appreciated and will be conveyed back to the entire staff as we take all comments seriously.

Gilbert, Owner

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My husband and I had the pleasure to eat dinner at the bar of this charming Italian restaurant. The ambiance is lovely and very romantic. The owner, Gilbert, is hands on and explains all the specials. He is very funny and obviously passionate about his restaurant. The food was beautifully prepared, generous portions, and served piping hot. The prices were reasonable and we are very glad to have found this gem. It is definitely on our list of restaurants to go to when next we are in South Beach.

Laura,

Thanks so much for joining us! I am extremely passionate about Osteria, our food, our team (my jokes) and our guests - and I am so glad you felt that. :)

Looking forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Until next time,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I went for dinner. The menu is very comprehensive offering numerous options plus specialties of the day. The waiters are very kind and on top of the customer.

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you had a great experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in Miami Beach. There are 100s of restaurants to pick from. I was looking for something we could walk to from our hotel at 16th & Collins plus I needed something that had Gluten Free options for my husband.

Of course, I was in the mood for Italian and my husband is a trooper as long as there is GF pasta available/choices. Well, Osteria is not only GF friendly, but from the reservation call to the end of our was great!

The restaurant is quaint and sitting is close together, but never felt uncomfortable. Everyone was attentive and would be helpful even if not your server. The owner is friendly and makes sure everything is to your liking with multiple check-ins at your table.

The food was delicious!! I asked a couple next to us that seemed to be there many times before what they like. There response it is all great and consistent. Even the server, said you can't go wrong with any dishes. They were all correct.

We enjoyed the salad "platia," burrata, linguine with shrimp, and penne (GF) with vodka sauce. Everything was tasty and not heavy at all. The GF pasta was the best we ever had. Unfortunately too full for dessert, but we will be back!

(Dress: business casual, or can be more dressy)

1  Thank Misty R

Hi Misty,

I am so glad you found us and enjoyed your meal! We understand how hard it can be to find gluten free options, especially Italian cuisine. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your pasta and the overall experience. I hope to see you the next time you are in Miami!