“Good Italian spot in the heart of SoBe”
Review of Osteria del Teatro

Osteria del Teatro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria del Teatro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Everything has been homemade for the last 30 years at this award-winning Italian Restaurant, which is tucked inside the stylish Art Deco District of South Beach. We offer lots of Seafood, Vegetarian and Gluten Free options. With a wonderful Happy Hour everyday from 5pm-7pm. We are now open for lunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-3pm.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had dinner here and the food was very good. It's not the absolute best you will find but it is very good. The service was excellent. Restaurant was a little noisier than I like but there appeared to be a party going on in the upper level that may have been responsible for that.

1  Thank GrizSC
G8M, Owner at Osteria del Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to be the best but understand not everyone will feel that way. I hope your able to join us again to try more of our menu!

Gilbert, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We loved the choice available on the menu - lots of different things we hadn’t tried before. The restaurant looked great and we were warmly welcomed, having a couple of cocktails before dinner. Our table was in a great location and our server was attentive but not overpowering. The food was awesome but the standout dish was the salmon and asparagus risotto. Delicious and huge so took some away. When we were in there were about 3 happy birthdays sung - so clearly nice for a special occasion. Outstanding overall experience - would recommend.

Thank you for your wonderful review! The Salmon Risotto was a wonderful choice and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed it. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration! Our family group of 10 spent 2-1/2 glorious hours at this gorgeous establishment and enjoyed amazingly friendly treatment and food as good as any I've ever had. Owner Gilbert was charming and helpful in every way, arranging for a champagne toast and a special candle-topped dessert. From beginning to end, a treat to be remembered for a long, long time. Our thanks to one and all.

Thank you for the incredible review!! I am so glad we were able to make your birthday so memorable. You are so very welcome and hopefully you can join us again soon!!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to experience classic homemade Italian food, every dish we had was flavorful and fresh, service is excellent. I recommend to visit the bar and experience the happy hour before dinner.

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for joining us! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our Happy Hour, your meal and our service!. The next time you are in South Beach please join us for our new lunch menu!

Until next time,

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a delicious meal and service was great - restaurant beautiful BUT watch out for the up sell. With special dishes of the day they should either have the price listed on the menu and/or after they recite each - say the price. I wound up ordering one of the pasta specials and when the check came it was $35!! Admittedly it was delicious - but if I knew it it was going to be $35 I would NOT have ordered it and chosen another. Bill for 2 with caesar salad (very good), 2 pasta dishes - the other one $20 - 2 deserts - also very good and a bottle of water ($9) came to over $135 including tax and $18 gratuity which they add in and a blank space for "Additional Tip." Again, the meal was wonderful, the place beautiful and service good BUT BUYER BEWARE. If I go there again I won't be shy about asking 'how much' when they reel off their list of sumptuous promotions - lobster, etc laden specials. Unless you don't care how much you pay for a wonderful meal out - you'd be wise to do the same.

1  Thank David G

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback and for joining us. I am terribly sorry you felt the team was trying to up-sell you in any way as I can assure you that is never our intention nor is it how our employees are trained. Our goal is to ensure our guests feel comfortable, choose the best options for them and leave with a smile and fulfilled appetite. Again, your feedback is appreciated and will be conveyed back to the entire staff as we take all comments seriously.

Gilbert, Owner