“Everything you need is there, but no extra”

Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #154 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Room was tiny, bathroom was ok with a good shower, wifi good, two bottles of water good, 12,50 $ resort fee good compared to other hotels. Paper thin walls no good (if you have a hot couple in the room beside, you can imagine how funny it can be...), bed hard like a stone no good, no swimming pool, no exercise room. Location is great, close to Ocean Drive and Lincoln Rd., and not noisy as you think. Overall a decent choice for the price you pay (but South Beach has crazy hotel prices...)

Room Tip: Away from lobby and the street
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Workinp
Matthew C, Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Workinp,

Thank you for your review! We believe the feedback of each of our guests is imperative to our growth and therefore truly appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions. Due to the property size at the Clifton Hotel we do not have a gym on site however, we have daily guest passes to the David Barton Gym which is considered to be one of the best in Miami Beach. Equally, we offer use of the pools at our sister property only two blocks away for those guests who prefer it over the beach only one block away.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is definitely not a 4 star hotel. I did not feel comfortable taking off my shoes in the room and the bed left something to be desired. I guess for the price it was okay, but I would not suggest people stay there.

The guy at the front desk was definitely a little bit different and needs to lose the "I'm from Mars joke"

The bathroom was nice, but doesn't make up for the bed, hair on the towels, and not clean looking carpet. Also, hard to sleep when they have loud music booming from the lobby area

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Courtney N

Courtney N,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm very sorry to hear that your overall experience was an uncomfortable one and would like to have had an opportunity to address some of these issues during your stay however, I appreciate the time you've taken to bring them to my attention.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed in Miami for Halloween and had a blast. This was walking distance to Lincoln Ave (tourist trap but where all the Halloween festivities were) and a 2 min walk to the beach. The hotel has a sister property right down the street that has a pool - we did not go this time but have actually stayed at that hotel in the past. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the fact it was a eco-hotel was kind of neat.
The room are small, the bed is kind of strange, and the shower door wouldn't close so water was all over the bathroom floor. But it was clean, had a fridge (to hold all of our pregame drinks before going out!), and was close to the beach. There is also a small place to get food in the lobby - it's expensive but it is there if you need it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Emily S
Matthew C, General Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Emily S- Thank you for the 4 Star review, We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please contact us direct when coming back to South Beach for our repeat guest rate!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I reserved a room at the clifton for my boss and myself after reading the reviews and hearing that the property was "leed certified" which is amazing for a hotel. My company recycles office supplies and such but clifton goes far beyond. The staff was good, friendly and knew the area, location we couldn't ask for a better place but hands down the beds are the best I have ever slept in at a hotel. My boss liked it so much we are now staying here every trip. Only negative I have is the rooms are smaller than typical hotel but I guess thats because of the historic building.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kris A

Kris A- Thank you for the 5 Star review! We are glad you chose the Clifton and we are glad to hear we will be you home away from home while in South Beach.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

When I arrived there was a guy sitting in the lobby eating. I walk up to the desk and look around for some help. He finally gets up and says checking in? My hotel is paid in full. He says the is a 150 hold. I asked when does it come off. He says as soon as you check out. When I checked out I get told the money wont be back til next week. I have two more days here and I told them this has put me in a bad situation. Let me also mention how there was no water in the first room they put me in and the television did not work.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank MsTiffanyL
Matthew C, General Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

MsTiffanyL- Thank you for your review, Our service is typically something we get complimented on so I am sorry to hear you did not receive our signature level of service. We make sure our policies are on all of our booking partners and again on our registration when you check-in so that you are informed of our deposit and other policies before you arrive. We hope that you give us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice while in Miami.