5,108 results
All reviews rooftop pool happy hour maxine building kung fu south beach free drinks sushi restaurant free shuttle free beach chairs bachelorette party lincoln road ocean drive art deco dorset maxines bartender miami
Reviewed 21 January 2012

we stayed 3 nights at the catalina and found the property to be beyond our expectations. we especially liked the roof top pool at the dorset. robert is by far your outstanding asset. each time we went up to the pool he was in full service mode and made the day painless and fun. we intended to go to the beach but went to the pool each day because of him.
thank you robert.....
peter
carlsbad,ca.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank peter z
catalinarelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Good Afternoon Peter,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for our future guests to read. I am extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we went beyond your expectations! All of our guests that come to The Catalina and hangout at the Rooftop Pool LOVE Robert!! He provides amazing service to all of our guests! I will inform him of your praise! We hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Do not make the mistakes we have made: We stayed a few doors down to save money -- it was horrible. This is the best hotel in South Beach. So good, we have gone back 6 times now!! Any money you save on the room, you will spend on drinks, chairs at the ocean, and hotel shuttle.

They have an incredible rooftop pool with an incredible attendant, Robert. He takes care of you as though you are his family! He is incredible. Super diligent, super fast, and super kind. You cannot beat that. He brings you drinks, towels, sun tan lotions, anything you need!

We always stay in the Maxine. We love it! It is full of young, fun people ready to have a great time in South Beach. Every time stay, we have met incredible people and had the best time. It is 1.5 blocks to the ocean. By the way, each room gets 2 free beach chairs on the ocean -- I believe they rent for $25 normally.

The happy hour from 7-8pm has FREE drinks every night -- as much as you can drink. There is a FREE shuttle to take you to and from the airport. It is that easy.

The management is incredibly caring and responsive. Anything you need -- they will work to make it happen. The bartenders are always a blast. They work hard and always look like they are having fun!

And the food is great and cheap!

Try the Catalina before going somewhere else.

Good Afternoon Amanda,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so glad to read that not only are you a returning guest but you had a great time with us! Sounds like you enjoyed a lot of our amenities that we offer such as the beach chairs, our complimentary Cocktail Hour from 7-8PM, as well as the complimentary shuttle to and from MIA International Airport. I am also glad to read that you had a great experience with our management. We hope to see you SOON! :)

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have been to the Catalina 6 times now and it's always been a fantastic experience. They have wonderful staff and very clean rooms. There is a rooftop pool in one of the buildings that is a delight and my friends and I spend most of our time at the cabanas by the pool. The service staff there is excellent also. Robert, the pool attendant, is very sweet! My stay at the Catalina is pretty much perfect everytime I visit Miami.

Room Tip: I like to stay in the Maxine building because of the bamboo pool and the outdoor restaurant, but it would also be cool to stay in the Kung Fu building because of the amazing rooftop pool.
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My girlfriends and I just finished our weekend trip to south beach and had an amazing time at catalina!! Staff was super friendly....Robert at the pool was so nice and took great care of us. Also Steve was a fabulous bartender and gave us quick service with a great attitude. Not to mention food was great at the 2 restaurants located within hotel and brunch was so good. The hotel was busy with a great crowd and rooms were decorated swanky. Much much better than royal palm which was overpriced and had shabby rooms. Location is also great at catalina. Would def recommend to a friend and plan on staying there for my next trip to south beach!

Room Tip: If u want sound sleep request a room on a higher level than ground but if you're there to go all night ground floor is so convenient

Good Afternoon Jen G,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so glad to hear that your girls weekend turned out to be amazing! :) I will personally let the mentioned staff know all about your wonderful praise! If you decide to have another girls weekend, we would LOVE to host it! Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Very nice and good experience at the Catalina, starting from the valet parking. Check-in was smooth, the staff was friendly. We had booked two rooms and were upgraded to RockStar rooms so we could be next to each other. The rooms were clean and big enough for two. Pools are great and so are the bars. Very close to the beach, the nightclubs and Lincoln Rd. I've stayed at six different Hotels in South Beach and this was the best. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon Johan,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for our future guests to read! I am glad to read that you had a good experience while staying with us! I am sorry that it took you 6 hotels to find an amazing one like us, but now that you found us we can't wait to have you back! :) Have a wonderful day!