First, the rates seem to vary greatly at this place. I got my room through Bookit.com and paid $174/night only to find out that I could have booked directly 2 days after I booked it for about $90/night. Expect to also pay for valet parking at $32/day. There are no other options.
This is a fun place and not a place I would recommend if you don't want to party at least a little bit. The rooftop bar is great. Robert can reserve an outdoor bed for you, which is fabulous and he is super friendly and helpful. Steve, the bartender is also friendly and recommended a couple of great local restaurants that were relatively inexpensive and delicious. (Havana 1957 & Cevichery both on Espanola about 10 minute walk $15-20 per person)
Each day they have a club promoter that can take you into the clubs, with a ride there and drinks at the Catalina before for 2 hours. The cost is typically $35-60 per person depending on the club. One of the promoters, DiLo, is in charge of the more upscale club promotions (Liv, Set, etc...). This guy is seriously the most pretentious person I've ever met. To the point of being funny. He seriously said to us that he could hook us up at Club Set, which had "beautiful people like him that dress well". There is very poor communication between everyone at the Catalina, i think because there are separate hotels connected together (Catalina, Maxines, Dorset).
The Good: rooftop bar/pool, location, constantly something fun going on, included items such as free wi-fi, free drinks (vodka, gin, rum) between 7-8 pm, pool beds, etc...
The Bad: the rooms are not so great (think chic version of Howard Johnson), Communication between hotel staff (noone seems to know what's going on)
Overall it was a fun experience and I would definitely come back. Look for rooms in the $130-160 range. If I paid over $200/night I might be more critical. You really arent in your room that much so it not being fancy is not a big deal for me. it wasn't dirty just old. I absolutely hate the memory foam bed but that is more of a personal preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida