My experience at the Catalina Hotel was absolutely fantastic and I thought the facilities they provided were second to none. With 2 pools, comfortable seating areas, complimentary pool & beach towels and free use of sun loungers on the beach you have everything there for a true South Beach experience. The staff were extremely helpful when I checked in and gave me lots of information about activities around the area and evening entertainment.
I also tried both of the restaurants and the sushi one in particular was divine! The location is ideal for people who want to be right in the heart of South Beach although not sat right on the beach front (2minute walk) and you can walk to the busier bars and clubs in around 5minutes so is also slightly secluded. Easy access to downtown Miami too - straight across the bridge.
The free happy hour is crazy but true and is nice for the guests of the hotel to get together every day for that. The hotel also provides an airport shuttle every 2hours which is extremely helpful or if you miss that there are other shuttle options for a small cost at the airport.
The rooms were lovely and very spacious - I stayed in both the Maxine and the Dorset which are styled very differently and both were wonderful. I liked that they provided iPod speakers in the room with radio which is playing when you come in.
I thought the whole stay was extremely good value for money and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. I travelled on my own but I would recommend this for couples and friends travelling together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida