“Thank you Catalina, for such an amazing birthday!”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #89 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 14 December 2009

As a surprise birthday present from my fiancé, we spent a three day weekend at Catalina Miami, where it was a truly unforgettable experience. We were greeted into such an incredibly welcoming atmosphere and knew instantly that he had chosen the perfect place to spend my birthday adventure. As it was only my first time to Florida as an adult, Catalina helped me to enjoy warmth and sunshine that home just didn't offer. We were served free drinks from 7-8 each night (and had a stocked mini bar) and had VIP access to some of the hottest Miami clubs. Our rooms were beautiful- and equipped with everything we could imagine! (And sleeping on the Tempur-Pedic mattresses helped my fiancé make up his mind about our next investment!)
On our second day, while I had a relaxing afternoon at the Spa, Kyle lounged by the pool (there were Cabana beds outside!) The beach itself was less than a block away, and the Catalina staff made it so that we didn't have to worry about a thing- they even gave us two beach chairs to use! Since we were so close to so many different activities, we tried to take advantage of everything that Catalina offered (which was impossible!) but the activities we did manage to do were so much fun. Dinner at the Maxine Restaurant was incredible- (Go for the salmon!) It was such an upbeat and fun atmosphere, which could be why we chose to eat there three times! Everyone at Catalina was friendly and welcoming, from the second we excitedly walked in until we had to sadly check out. If Kyle didn't have to return back to work, we would have extended our trip without a doubt! We will most definitely be coming back, and I would recommend Catalina to anyone! It far exceeded our expectations and I had an incredible birthday thanks to Catalina.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,876)

Reviewed 14 December 2009

Stayed here a few months ago with a few of my girl friends. Couldn't have had a better experience. The atmosphere was amazing and I've never stayed anywhere with a nicer and more accommodating staff. Passing out on those tempurpedic mattresses every night, well what more could a girl want? All in all it was an amazing trip and when we go back were staying here!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I just came back from this hotel where i stayed for 1 week.
I traveled alone so i wanted to stay somewhere that could keep me busy in case i didn't feel like doing much outside the hotel. That ended up not being the case, and i even felt sorry for not having the opportunity to spend more time at the hotel!

I stayed in the Maxine building. Rooms are of a good size, very clean, nice shower with lots of mirrors and a view of the avenue. Beds are ultra comfortable. Both pools are amazing, with extra large beds where you can soak up the sun. All the staff is very friendly and made me feel at home (always helpful and when i needed a late check out, it was granted). The reason why i rated the room 4 and not 5 is that it is, indeed,a bit noisy as it was located above the restaurant of the hotel but i really didn't care! I was so tired at night that I would sleep all through the night. I did use ear plugs which solved the noise issue and it didnt bother me. As some other reviewers say, there are indeed bed bugs. You dont really feel anything during the night, nor can you see them, but you might wake up with red spots on your body. Again, i didnt really care. When i'm on holidays, i tend to be extremelly laid back and these minor setbacks wont put me down. Keep in mind that bed bugs are not due to poor cleaning. The room and bed linnen were always very clean.

The 3 buildings are very nicely decorated and the location of this hotel is the best. I'm so glad i didn't stay on Ocean Drive!! It's way too busy and right in the middle of the action, but hard to relax i would say, as it's right above restaurants & bars. The Cataline is only 1 block from the beach and ocean drive but secluded enough to give you peace. The food at the restaurant (Bistro) is wonderful. I tried steaks, pasta and burgers and loved them all.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2009

me and my girlfriend stayed at the Catalina in november. we had an excellent time. check in was very smooth. the pool was crowded with alot of people. at night. the bar had free drinks from 7-8 although it was kinda hard to get a drink. the location was amazing. 1 block from the beach

Reviewed 2 December 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Catalina and is was not at all value for money. The location is excellent - near beach, shops. The room was tiny and due to the red ceiling and red lampshade, it seemed dark and dingy. The window looked out onto a wall so there was no natural light in the room at all. The air conditioning control was broken and the only way it could be controlled was for the maintenance man to close the vent completely. There were no toiletries in our room when we arrived and we had to request these from housekeeping.

The hotel was OK but there are better options in the area.