“Great meal at second location in Pembroke Pines ”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #19 of 140 Restaurants in Miramar
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Just enjoyed a wonderful meal of pulled pork and my husband had the brisket with sausage. The meat was tender and piled high. The gentleman behind the counter was very nice and made sure everything was the way we wanted. Love the new location. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I am a fan of barbecue and I would be a liar if I tried to tell you the food at Dickey's was anything other than excellent. The meats are treated correctly, slow-cooked. It's nice to find a place in South Florida doing this. The sides, however, are unimaginative and give the impression of being boxed. This is common, but it takes away from the experience.

I have one problem with Dickey's on Miramar Parkway. How should I put this? Have you watched the latest Disney film? The one with the sloths working at the DMV? If you have, you understand Dickey's torturous service. Line workers cut meat as if cutting through the finest silks. It's meat, it's already dead. No fear.

You will stand in front of three employees who will simply not make eye contact with you. You will have to fight the urge to jump the counter and prepare your own meal. In short, don't go to Dickey's if you have some place to go.

My office is near the restaurant and after half a dozen visits I've decided it's no longer worth the time. Waiting 15-20 minutes to be served food that was cooked before you ordered it is absurd and unacceptable.

If I read a future review or hear from a friend that Dickey's has gone from DMV to BBQ, I will definitely return.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Thank you Dickeys for real Texas BBQ in the Pines. The St Louis Ribs are melt in your mouth perfect, the pulled pork satisfyingly smoked and pulled to perfection. The Brisket looked barked and smoked, my next meal. Fried okra cooked correctly, lite breading fried crisp. Get in line and order, get it made in front of you, pay and find a table, not much ambience but its the food not the table arrangement.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here to grab a quick to go lunch. I had never been to this restaurant before so I wasnt familiar with the menu. The behind the counter service walked me through everything and even made suggestions. The pulled pork was tender and the fried okra was good. The place was clean and easy to get to. Would stop here again if in the area.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

You feel like eating in a North town... Excellent food and music, plus they have free ice cream!! Love it!! I ordered a two meat plate (chop pork and brisket beef) $11.99 with two sides. It worth the money you pay and it's not expensive.