“A must visit! ”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #17 of 106 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pisces Rising. Located in Central Florida and established in 2003, Pisces Rising is a celebration of Florida cuisine. Lovingly wrapped around a Florida cracker bungalow style home built in the 1920's, the restaurant overlooks Lake Dora and the setting sun. We bring a commitment to Regional Sustainability. Whether it is our Craft Cocktails from our Jazzy 239 West Lounge to our Chef's colorful creations we shop local where possible, and take advantage of the bounty of the nearby Gulf and the Farms that dot Central Florida up through the Panhandle. By empowering local Farmers and Fishermen, we empower ourselves and future generations.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always a nice visit. There is live music and sitting outside was awesome with the beautiful weather that we had.
Great appetizers to choose from and the drinks were yummy. Lots of fun speciality drinks. Very laid back and relax on the inside bar. Perfect for warming up and heading back out to walk around the cool little area.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank FoxyGurl23
Write a reviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

We had reservations and checked in and they were very polite. Had a cocktail and the bar and the bartender was great. Sat outside to eat and although we waited a long time for a waitress once we had one they were great. The hostess gave us our first round of drinks free bc of the wait. Food was good.

Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

Very enjoyable, pleasant outside dining.
Great view of lake. Good menu variety.
Highly recommended. Music at night.

Reviewed 22 December 2020

Pisces Rising has a huge indoor and outdoor seating area, plus the restaurant is aesthetically pleasing. After arriving in Mount Dora on a weekend to find a 90 minute wait for patio seating and two hours for indoor, my friend and I sat at the bar. Service was incredibly slow starting out, but our gal improved greatly. We shared a charcuterie platter, pretty good though I am not sure it warranted the $25 price tag, then I had the black grouper fish of the day. It was supposed to come with beurre blanc sauce, my reason for ordering, which it did not...I had to ask for it. The restaurant (and many in town) were out of food that day, which is great since that means customers. I loved Pisces Rising's vibe and ambiance and think it is definitely a place to come for a drink or dessert anytime.

Reviewed 12 December 2020

We have thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant for years, but lately have become quite disappointed. Today I called to inquire about items on the menu for tomorrow’s Sunday brunch. Since the Sunday brunch menu is limited, I asked about the ‘quiche of the day’ and was told ‘the chef says it’s a surprise, just show up’. When I asked a simple question about another item, I was told ‘that’s a question for your server’. You would think, considering the restrictions due to the pandemic, that local businesses would be a little more accommodating and appreciative. Too many other good restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: December 2020
JessicaPiscesRising, Manager at Pisces Rising, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

Hi Joseph, I am very sorry about the interaction you had over the phone with our hostess. The hostess is new to our team and currently in training. She jumped in to answer the phone during a busy time in the restaurant. I agree with you that this is not an acceptable protocol for a phone conversation with a Guest or potential Guest. We are using this situation as an example during future trainings. We appreciate our guests and community more than anything, we never want to disappoint you.

To answer your questions, you can ask for your eggs to be cooked however you would like. Our quiche of the day changes every Sunday. Sometimes we do not know what the quiche of the day will be until Sunday morning. When you initially called, we were not sure what the quiche was going to be. This question should have been answered by a member of our team appropriately. Again, I apologize for the response you recieved. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me. - jessica@piscesrisingdining.com