“Yoga Weekend at Grandview B & B”

Grandview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 August 2017

My recent stay with Gwendolyn and Dennis at Grandview B & B was truly one of the most memorable and enjoyable trips I have ever experienced. I planned my stay several months ago, with the help of Gwendolyn, to have an aquatic yoga experience with many "Mermaid Sisters." She was instrumental in making my stay all that more a pleasure, even helping me to arrange comfortable and safe transportation to and from the airport. My room and their entire B & B is adorned with beautiful and historical artifacts of the home's period and comforting corners could be found to rest, relax, or socialize, both inside and outside. Rooms were cleaned and tidied up daily. I loved the wrap around porch and beautiful, warm salt water pool area and took advantage of the setting for some very relaxing swims. Gwendolyn, Dennis and their staff went out of their way to make each guest feel comfortable and "at home." Home cooked breakfast and social snacks were served and were delicious. When I asked for information about the area, I was given wonderful suggestions as to where to walk and visit. I met new friends and made plans in my head to return when I can with more members of my family. This was one of the very best traveling and learning experiences I have ever had and I am grateful to all the staff at Grandview B & B who made us all feel like family. I hope to plan a return visit in the near future. Thank you Gwendolyn and Dennis! If I could give you ten stars, I would!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Gwendolynes, Manager at Grandview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Lauren,

Thank you so very much for writing about your time at the Grandview. I so appreciate you taking time to share.

I will treasure the wonderful weekend and connections with everyone.

Please stay in touch,

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

From the moment of my late arrival to the tearful goodbyes, the Grandview was my home base comfort zone for 4 days. Gwendolyn, Dennis & staff made this an exceptionally gratifying stay through a busy yoga workshop, and I am grateful to all - especially Paula, for going above and beyond on a last minute item needed one early morning. The grounds are spotless, the room and bed absolutely peaceful. The salt water pool is just heavenly at a perfect 84 degrees. Transitioning "GREEN" here with lovely organic bath products for body and hair. We walked into town every night for great dinners, and returned to the charming inn to read & rock on the front porch before bed. Can't wait to get back again! Highly recommend a cup of their incredible coffee with breakfast and taking a nap under the veranda by the pool.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Erin,

You are so kind to say such lovely things about the Grandview.

I really hope to have another gathering with all of you wonderful ladies again very soon.

Please do not lose touch.

Enjoy your new adventure.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

It's getting close to fall and the holidays aren't far away!! Looking for a nice quaint place to relax while visiting the sweet town of Mount Dora??? This is the place to visit. Only a short walk to downtown and far enough from traffic. You can relax and enjoy 5 star service from Gwendolyn and Dennis the inn keepers. Enjoy a beautiful charming room in a historical home. Breakfast consists of locally grown food cooked to perfection. Four courses of delicious cooking soo filling you won't need lunch!! If you like to partake in an afternoon cocktail and snack then join the house guests for cocktail hour provided compliments of Gwendolyn. Don't worry about being thirsty because before you go out shopping or just enjoying the sites you will be provided with bottled water. If you don't feel like leaving then enjoy a nice dip in the beautiful saltwater swimming pool. Gwendolyn and Dennis pride themselves on satisfaction of your stay. You will not be dissapointed!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Gwendolynes, Manager at Grandview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Cheryl & Chris,

We are so happy that you landed here. It was so much fun celebrating your Birthday. :)

Can't wait to see you soon.

Many, many thanks,

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

If I could give this establishment 6 Stars, I would! The Windmill Cottage was perfect for our family. Everyone enjoyed the idyllic setting and extremely friendly and helpful owners!

Every detail of the stay was fabulous - cannot wait to return!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Gwendolynes, Manager at Grandview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you so very much Amy for your kind words about your stay. We were glad to host you and your girls.

Enjoy the rest of your Summer,

Gwendolyn at the Grandview

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The rooms are super clean and comfortable. It is dog friendly! The fresh breakfast was out of this world. Cant say enough about how friendly the owners are. Really a great experience. Definately coming back. Walking distance from the downtown area

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Gwendolynes, Manager at Grandview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Jennifer & Claudine,

It was really fun having you stay with us. It definitely felt like welcoming old friends and I can't wait to have you visit again.

P.S. I'm already missing Nutty, who is super adorable.

Until we meet again,

Farnsworth House
#4 of 11 in Mount Dora
0.9 km away
Heron Cay Lakeview Bed & Breakfast

Been to Grandview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!