“dinner”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North Naples
Description: The Grill at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples offers an elegant experience that provides an intimate setting for dinner. Enjoy a selection of dry-aged beef or fresh seafood that can be paired with an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 19 July 2018

we love to go to dinner at The Grill and every time we do we have a great time. great food and great service.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We regularly stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples, and this year stayed for almost a month from May 29th until they closed for a major refit on June 25th.

The Grill is one of the restaurants we regularly like to visit because we love their beef fillet steak with their thick hand-cut steak fries. The steak is usually served perfectly cooked, as we like it; medium rare.

I always used to enjoy their Grand Mariner soufflé for dessert: hot soufflé served with Grand Marnier liquor, whipped cream and creme anglaise. It's delicious. However, this visit I didn't have one because I was always too full after my main course, and I was trying to cut calories a little.

The food is always good at the Grill, and our favourite server is Mary. She was perfect and did everything right. To be fair we've known her for quite a while, even before she became a server in the Grill, and she has always been a great server.

Sitting next to the fireplace can be a little warm for one of a party of two, especially in June with the new, larger gas fire on at full power. However, sitting away from the fireplace means you might be seated below an air conditioning vent and be cold.

On what turned out to be our last visit during this stay, we had a combination of events that gave us a less than satisfactory experience, and that is why I've given the Grill a 4 star rating rather than a 5 star rating.

Firstly, in order to try to be a little cooler away from the fire, we ended up sitting under a fierce air-conditioning vent that made me really cold. Then the server (not Mary) got our order wrong and brought us ordinary fries with our beef fillet, rather than the thick hand-cut steak fries that we always have. Because of the air-conditioning vent above, our steaks were completely cold by the time this mistake was eventually put right. This blighted that visit, and meant we didn't go back again during our fourth week.

We will no doubt go back and eat there again on our next visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We thought it would have that “chain” vibe but actually, it was better- far better.
The pork was amazing and the salmon was probably the best I’ve ever had. Our server was discreet but ever ready to cater our every need. If we were staying another night we would have gone back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This is decent option to enjoy a meal on the resort. The food is average and the price is high for the food. Service is decent. Location is great.

Date of visit: November 2017
TheRitzCarltonNaples, Manager at The Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear TonicTravelAmeniti,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Naples in the near future.

Erwin Pals
EAM – Director of Food an Beverage
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples

Reviewed 3 May 2018

My two dining companions and I throughly enjoyed our experience at The Grill. The service and staff was impeccable, our server was James and he was delightful. The atmosphere is very inviting and soothing. If you’re into fine food presentation this is your place! It’s always a bonus when the presentation and quality of an entree meld. No need to go on and on, the food was wonder!! We dined on Caesar salads, followed by Colorado Rack of Lamb and the Scallops with Jalepeno Mashed Potatoes, and a side of Brussel Sprouts roasted to perfection! Oh yes, we were celebrating my birthday and James did not disappoint, he provided us with a lovely medley of chocolates. I would highly recommend The Grill!!

Date of visit: April 2018