“Portion size vs. price”
Review of Belgian Yummies

Belgian Yummies
Ranked #13 of 47 Dessert in Naples
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: Old Fashioned Hard Truly American Ice-Cream Nothing but the best ingredients go into these recipes. We also make our own waffle cones. There are ice-cream pies and cakes in our "to go" freezer, or you can place a custom order 48 hours in advance and we will make one for you!
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times in the last 6 months. The ice cream is very good quality.
It is also a very pricey establishment, as can be corroborated by several reviews here on trip advisor. On our last couple of visits we noticed portion sizes shrinking as well !! This is a very slippery slope, and I hope the owners are listening; $14 for two "large" cups of ice cream is in itself a hefty sum, but if you are going to also short the customer with lots of "air space" in the cups, you WILL loose in the end.

Carlo p, Owner at Belgian Yummies, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Bill,

First thank you for your review ! About the large cup, the price is indeed $6.10 for a cup. Our price is lower then our homemade ice cream competitors. About the remark of the sizes, these should never shrink!! It is not in our advantage to short our customers ! We love and respect our customer to much for this ! Our staff is trained to give the right amount for ice cream. In fact there training we tell them. 'We would rather have that you give the customer to much, than not enough'. Happy customers is our Number 1 Goal !. So please next time when you come in, ask for Carlo. If I am not there tell them to call me ! With kind regards, Carlo

Reviewed 6 July 2017

wonderful fresh ice cream, but very pricey! We took our family of 8 and it was almost $100. All the flavors are good; we have been going there for years for the spumoni. But they are all good and the sundaes are good.

Dear Allym,

Thank you for your great review ! About the prices, a kids is $3, a small is $4.70, a large is $6.10, sundaes are $7.35, a Belgian Waffles Sundae is $8.50. . The prices have been for over 2 years now the same.
In fact we are cheaper then our homemade ice cream competitors. Everything is homemade, the ice cream, America's Best Authentic Belgian waffles, cookies, waffle cones..with best regards, Carlo

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Had waffle with fresh strawberries. It was just ok. Also had Belgium chocolate ice cream pops. Chocolate did not taste fresh. Could have been in counter for too long. Vanilla ice cream tasted stale with ice crystal present. Was not worth price.

1  Thank alano777

Dear Alano,

Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations ! About the chocolate, this our specialty.
After your review, I taste some ice cream pops. We did had problem with 2 flavors. The cause was that cool box that we use for storage was not well sealed. (broken)

The ice crystal is our Vanilla should never happen. After we make the ice cream we put them in a blast freezer. The only thing I can think of is that when they scooped previous ice cream they may had have some drops of water. Our staff is trained to avoid this. But unfortunately it happened in your case.

With kind regards,

Carlo

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

My wife likes frozen yogurt, gelato, and soft serve, all of which I can't say I dislike but nothing is better than homemade ice cream to me.

This place doesn't disappoint. My son loved his M&M ice cream, we got small waffle cones with spumoni, wicked awesome chocolate and then another with Moose Trax and....I can't remember what else my wife got in hers.

It was THE best waffle cone I've ever had. It was thick and had a great flavor to it. Typically they always taste the same but this one was different. I'd go back in a heartbeat and try everything else based on the reviews I read. The frozen pops looked good and all of the flavors looked good! Don't know what to get?...try them all. They are more than willing to let you!

Carlo p, Owner at Belgian Yummies, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Andrew,

In behalf of the me and my staff we would like to thank you for loving our products. Also for taking your time to write this beautiful review with the 5 Stars ! I makes a different to us !

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This place is a little hard to find because their signage is covered by a tree but they are next to Boston Beer Garden. It feels like a Baskin Robbins on the inside so its not upscale. While they have scoop ice cream like any ice cream place, however I HIGHLY suggest skipping all that and getting one of their hand dipped ice creams on a stick. The chocolate ice cream dipped in Belgium chocolate is so super amazing. You will be addicted. I am definitely coming back for that.

Dear,