“Worst place in Naples!”

Ranked #435 of 964 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pelican Bay
Description: Panevino is a family owned northern Italian style restaurant since 1994. We are proudly serving the Naples area with fine Italian dining. Our mission is to ensure that each guest receives prompt, professional, friendly and courteous service. To maintain a clean, comfortable and well maintained premises for our guests and staff. To provide at a fair price - nutritional, well-prepared meals - using only quality ingredients.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Caution
Caution
Stay away
This is an unassuming place near the inn at pelican bay. We wanted a simple dinner and thought we would give it a try. DO NOT !! The waiter was disgusting. Made us feel unwelcome and was rude from the start. I hated this guy as soon as he started looking at my wife’s body and licking his lips. Seriously creepy.

The focus was horrible. Cold. Tasted like chef boyardee. Right out of a can.

The prices are high. The service sucks. The wine was like vinegar. Insects dead on the plate.

Stay away.

Trust me on this.
Go elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Jonathan N
Write a reviewReviews (171)

Reviewed 4 May 2021

I hate to even give it one star, but the website requires it. Absolute worse restaurant I have ever been to. Hands down, the worse.

I went Saturday night, May 1, 2021 with my mother. We ordered one glass of house wine, which I guess, put us in the "ignore" category. Never saw the waiter again. Had to ask bus person for some water. A man, who appeared to be in charge, came up and took our order. I asked if there were any specials and he seemed very annoyed and quickly rattled off about 3 specials...in very broken Italian language, so fast, I don't know who would have understood him. Very ignorant. Two more tables were seated of various sizes. We heard him tell the specials to them and they included many more dishes than we were told.

Food was delivered by someone else. Bread was nothing special and frozen gold foiled butter patty was served with it. Can they not take the butter out during the day to soften it so it spreads. It was like a rock. The meal was equally as bad. I had chicken marsala and mom and chicken parm. My side dish was a smidgen of limp vegetables. My marsala was one piece of fat chicken (not even pounded down thin). It was not a good piece of chicken either. Very well done. The marsala gravy could be made by a fifteen year old. All very bland.

I'm totally astonished they have been in business this long. Such a huge disappointment!

BTW, please note, I dine out often and this is the FIRST review I felt compelled to write.

Date of visit: May 2021
2  Thank jennifersU8720EI
Reviewed 29 April 2021

Quick summary: delicious Italian food across the board. Friendly, professional service. Annoying $6.95 share plate charge when the sea bass costs $38.95, you order a $60 bottle of wine among other drinks, and you are also ordering accompanying pasta dishes, dessert, etc.. Good COVID safety practices.

We met some locals who said this place is their favorite Italian restaurant in Naples. So, we we came and were ot disappointed. It is delightful in many ways, with very good food. The menu ranges from small plates (calamari, etc.) to pastas to meats to seafood.

Most pastas are in the $teens and low $20s. Mains, including chicken or veal dishes that come with veg of the day, are in the mid-to-higher $20's.
c
We were a party of 4, and started by splitting two Caeser salads ($8.95 eah - not charge for splitting.) While the size was not small, we should have each ordered one as a generous size for one but not really shareable. But IMHO, the price was reasonable for a Caesar salad these days at a good restaurant.

Excellent bread on the table. 'So nice to not have a surcharge for bread on the table, contrary tp some hoity-toity Italian restaurants in town.

My husband and I each had one of the excellent veal dishes that some with veg. We split a half order of pasta with a light mushroom sauce as a side dish -- $10.00 (most pastas are available to order a half portion.)

The restaurant can only serve wine, beer, and one vodka (which still makes a delightfully smooth martini.) There are good selections by the bottle and the glass.

Desert included a refreshing, light cake (lemoncello cake - $7.95 - and a lemoncello parfait $9.95) , as with other desserts. Both highly recommended.

Portions are a god size - a little larger than what you might serve yourself t home. I could not finish all my dinner, but my husband and sister could. (And my sister could finish because she split a main with my other sister.)

Friendly, professional service. However, it was quite busy, there was a bit of a wait to be able to put in your order.

Good COVID safety practices. Staff wore masks; tale separated by 6 or so; tables outside and in.

Due diligence: this was a wonderful meal, but I should note some areas that could use improvement, (1) It would be helpful to have a printed dessert menu to peruse.
The waitress did a good job reciting the options, but of course we had to ask her to repeat it a few times as it was difficult to clearly remember all the options. With a computer and a printer, this should not be hard.

Also: for as leisurely as the serving pace went, we were not offered a second cup of coffee. Seems a bit cheap. The coffee was rather weak, too.

To sum: this was a delightful dinner in so many way, with room for improvements on some minor issues. Still, I'd be happy to return.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

MUST READ REVIEW

-Upon arrival, Not welcoming from ANY of the staff members. The young lady delivering bread and water being an exception.
-Service is not structured like other restaurants. One server takes drinks, another order, third sever, fourth brings bread and water. Confusing service delivery model. Who owns my relationship with us as a customer?
-Our drink order was taken quickly after seating however it then took more than 12 minutes for the server to come and tell us about the specials. Then had to request bread and water after this time elapsed. One suggestion to improve efficiency - why not print a separate menu of specials as this will save time allowing efficient ordering by your customers. Bring water and bread quickly after seating your guests.
-once food was delivered we had to ask three times for cheese before I could begin ordering. Staff is unattentive.

Having stated these criticisms, the food is very good. Recommend the clams casino . My wife had the Spaghetti Puttanesca and I had the Linguine Pusitano. Both excellent.

OVERALL ASSESSMENT - after two visits here (we are locals), I would say poor service but great food. I give this two stars as I know folks first review lower scores before higher scores

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 23 March 2021

The best restaurant in town! Great service! Love the owners we had appetizers dinners everything was athletic and delicious. They are so welcoming and kind to everyone.

Date of visit: March 2021