“Fresh and Personal”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2016

This was our first time and we really enjoyed our meal, as well as the service. The menu was a step above your average neighborhood Thai restaurants. We really liked that they also offer sushi, although both of us ordered Thai.

The waitress told us that the owner had a great fish supplier and suggested the grouper. She said they will prepare the fish ANYWAY YOU WANT. That sold me, so I ordered Tempura Fried Grouper with a panang curry sauce. It was excellent, light , crispy, not greasy and YES it was very FRESH. My husband ordered the #48 Amazing with beef, chicken and pork and a peanut sauce. We also tried the Samurai Sampler which offered two each of a variety of Thai appetizers and three dipping sauces. It was all tasty and cooked perfectly.

They had some unique sake offerings. We tried the Zipang Sake which was a sparkling drink. It wasn't our favorite thing, but we were impressed with the sake menu and look forward to trying something new on our next visit.

The dinner menu had some great choices, but never having eaten there before we were a little guarded. I think the next time we will be more adventurous with our selections and I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Their food always tastes fresh and the tea tastes freshly brewed. The service is efficient and friendly. I have only good thoughts about this place and I come here often.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

This is hands down the best Thai restaurant around here. There are a few others, but this one is the best. Their sushi is amazing, they have excellent Thai dishes full of flavor! Nice atmosphere and beautiful Thai waitresses (if that matters to anyone). This place is soooo good! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

We tried Thai Samurai for the first time after reading all of the great reviews.... and it did not disappoint! Both the main menu and the sushi menu were extensive with lots of different options. The sushi menu has tons of specialty rolls that were out of this world yummy- the sex on the moon is one of our favorites! (Who knew asparagus, sweet potato and mango would make such a good combination!)

As for the restaurant itself, its clean, well maintained, and the staff are friendly. There was a little confusion about the sushi boat pricing (it's been different each time we've gone) but still- everyone is always friendly! :)

Overall, this is BY FAR the best sushi we've ever had in Trinity, and by the looks of it, Thai Samurai will be in business for a long, long time!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

You know I'd never imagine me talking about soups but boy oh boy were they delicious! I started off with a chicken coconut soup..I would try a different protein next time...it really didn't need it though! It was soooo savory with red onion slivers and scallion and mushrooms..yum yum! I think my hesitant on trying it and then he tried it and loved it!! We got an order of spring roll and good as well. I got 2 rolls- my usual everywhere I go - Japanese Bagel and Tampa....I do like sashimi but I was craving those and stood up tp the competition like other sushi joints. The menus can be overwhelming b/c they have Thai Food separately but I think it's truly the yummy stuff. I think we will be returning and I want to try more. If you get 1 roll, you either a soup or small salad free (I don't remember which). If you order 2 rolls, you get both free...I didn't eat the salad b/c I could tell I would be full, I did take a sip of the other soup and it was savory as well..it had a garlic broth with broken rice...so delish. My husband got a traditional samurai salad which includes fish sauce like traditional Thai food has..I wasn't crazy about the smell but I got over it. My husband devoured it though and I did like the bite of the shrimp I took. We were skeptic heading in b/c we were the first ones there at 11 (it was Sunday) but really it was such a pleasant experience and we can't wait to head back. It quickly started filling up as we were heading out and we can definitely see one. Don't miss this place!!