Book now, pay at stay
US$59
Rodeway Inn(New Port Richey)
US$51
RodewayInn
River Side Inn(New Port Richey)
US$55
Royal Palm Inn(New Port Richey)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgrassy areatwo monthsnice poolboatstikidockdolphinsonsitemaintenancecouponhousekeeper
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed here 5th - 8th September just before the expected hurricane weekend.
Room was ok, clean, but housekeeping hit and miss as to whether you got full set of towels.
Going for breakfast the first morning at 9.20 am as we entered the restaurant we were told breakfast finishes at 9.30 ! by young lady who showed absolutely no interest in us . A lady walked in and was told to get out as she wasn't a resident, we were told the homeless often walk-in.
Breakfast was sparse to say the least , muffins or toast, jam in a squeezy bottle, butter uncovered, yoghurt and 2 types of cereal, cheap foul tasting orange juice and coffee. Would not bother eating it. The restaurant was filthy, walls, carpets and mirrors, needs to be closed down. At 9.30 the girl started vacuuming around us !
Marina room view marred by residents letting their dogs foul the grassy area by the swimming pool and most not picking it up.
Strangers appearing at all times of the day on push bikes and getting thrown out. Police in front one evening.
Outside staff smoking .
Saw no management, no security. Recommend shut it down and complete refurbishment. Was once a lovely hotel run by Ramada .
Feel sorry for the staff - no leadership.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay here in New Port Richey. We are sorry that you did not have the stay you deserved with us. We are striving to improve and embarking on some updates that will modernize our property. In addition, we are taking steps to make sure that our hotel is secure, safe, and comfortable for our guests. We apologize that you did not receive the service that you expected from us, and we hope that you pay us another visit so that we can demonstrate our improvements. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Just checked out after spending 2 nights/3 days during Hurricane Irma. I live locally, in a trailer, under a load of Live Oaks that may have smashed my home so was under mandatory evacuation. I had waited too long to get a room somewhere safe and although it seems insane to stay at a hotel on the Gulf of Mexico, right on top of a boat-filled marina, it still was a good decision. All this is to say that although the power went down Sunday night until Monday night, the staff did everything possible to protect us. There were no amenities during the hurricane, obviously, but staff was polite and helpful. I was able to bring in my 3 dogs without paying anything extra and was never questioned about how many, what size or charged for them. So I had four strong walls, my family in a private room, and a sense of security. Considering there were no housekeeping personnel, the room was very clean (no bugs!) and we were supplied with everything needed (towels, extra bedding, toilet paper and trash bags). The toilets flushed and there was cold water (a bonus since I have a well and would not have had any water during a power failure. It is a lovely place, with a nice restaurant (that wasn’t open) and if possible, I may check in for a mini vacation, one day, when hurricane season has ended.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Clarissa,
We are so happy to hear that the Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey made for a perfect shelter during your time of displacement due to Hurricane Irma. Although we were unable to operate at full service, it's great to hear you experienced our wonderful staff in action and you felt safe and secure at our property. We will be sure to share your uplifting words with our team. We appreciate your five-star review, and we hope to see you again for that mini-vacation. Stay safe!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Checked in and awful we ended up staying only 2 nights instead of 4 nights

Bed bugs
Supposed to be nonsmoking and employees were smoking in the hallways
Shower leaked all over the floor, the water felt like razor blades. We returned one night to find our keys didn't work, reprogrammed them and still didn't work. Front desk, I believe her name was Janet, told me to "hold my horses". Run as fast as you can. Hostile clientele that should have had police called. A gentleman urinated in his pants while trying to get into his room. I found a used syringe in the parking lot.

We were told the breakfast was through the side doors but were not told that it only went until 930.

Save yourself the trouble and book Fairfield Inn & suites.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Felicity,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your invaluable feedback with us regarding your visit. We were very sorry to hear that we could not deliver the experience you were expecting. The property is currently undergoing renovations, including all new bedding. We will address your concerns with our front desk and housekeeping team. However, we would like to point out that all of our rooms are exterior hallways and none of our staff members smoke indoors. All guests are encouraged to notify us of any problems that may occur so that we can have the opportunity to rectify them. Your comments allow us to continually evaluate and improve on guest enjoyment.
We hope you come back to visit us when our renovations are complete so we may provide you with the stay you deserved.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel has had its ups and downs throughout my 5 day stay here. I booked the hotel directly through the website and when I called requesting second floor and marina side. I figured it would be better than staying in the parking lot because when I stayed last year I dealt with fighting in the parking lot. The check in was fast and smooth and we were able to check in early. We did get the marina side but not the second floor. I didn't like that their was also someone at the front room pleading their case that they will pay for the room when they get their check on the 3rd. It seems a lot of locals live there. The air conditioner took 2 days to cool off the room but it was still cooler inside than outside. The music was loud at the bar but it didn't bother me, I live in NYC and can easily drown out the noise. The house keeping staff was soo nice and respectful. I reached out to the front desk twice; both times were nice. My last day here I came back to the room and was going to sit outside because there is a beautiful view...a drunk individual was passed out in front of my door. I know that is not the hotels fault but these are the people who are staying there. She has booked a room next to us.... she has thrown her food out her door, she has the door propped open with the chair and she keeps slamming the door. She was yelling at some one down the walk way as they were leaving here. This could have been avoided with us had we had a second floor room as requested. The rooms seems to be remodeled based on the work they're doing here and there is a flat screen tv; not the old ones that were in the pictures. I don't think we will be returning here until the hotel either books the locals in one section of the hotel or can clean up who they accommodate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dolores W
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Dolores,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such useful and detailed feedback on your recent stay. We regret that despite our well-appointed rooms and helpful and friendly staff, you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is clear to us from your feedback that we could be doing a better job of providing our guests with a safe and relaxing environment. Our guests' comfort is our top priority, and we will take your feedback into account when making changes moving forward. Thanks again for your helpful comments, and we hope that you'll give us another chance in the future to provide you with the comfortable stay that you deserve.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I am contacting my credit card company today. My husband and I spent the night in room 206 Friday 7-28-2017 and had paid in advance for the next night as well. Sleep was impossible due to the loud music coming up from the Tiki Bar area next to and under our balcony. The next day we were both very tired but decided to suck it up and went to Tarpon Springs for some events. Came back to the room at around 5 to try and take a nap. No sooner than I dosed off the loud music started. A lady outside singing and playing a keyboard was so loud I couldn't rest. I got up and called the front desk. The individual said there was no manager on site. She offered to put us down the hall and I said I would get back to her with a decision. My husband and I walked down to the end of the hallway to see if we could still hear the music. We could so I called back and the girl said that the motel and the bar were owned by different individuals and they had an ongoing issue with one another regarding the loud music. She apologized and was extremely nice. My husband and I agreeded that we needed to leave the hotel and seek out another motel in order to get some rest. The front desk clerk told us that her manager would contact us today. It is after one o'clock and still no one has called. I am going to contact my credit card company and see if our money has been refunded. If not I will dispute these charges. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. I did take videos insinde of our room and on the balcony to prove what I am saying is true if I am not refunded my money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple