“Oceania Beach Club”
Review of Oceania Beach Club

Oceania Beach Club
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2015

My husband and I reserved a room here back in May. We addressed our reservations multiple times prior to arriving at this location to ensure our visit would be fully paid prior to our arrival. We were assured by a female staff member that we were paid in full prior to check in and the only fees that needed to be paid were a 100.00 deposit that would be credited back after our departure. Upon arriving to this location we were then advised again our stay was paid in full.. During our stay we encountered horrible maid surface, and when we needed towels and trash emptied they treated us as if we were stealing the property. They were very condescending and disrespectful. One of the members of our party was sleeping on the couch and broke out in an allergic reaction to what could be bed bugs, and possible allergic reaction to chemicals used for cleaning. We had to transport him to a clinic for medical intervention. When we attempted to tell condo staff they too expressed a condescending and dis respective tone. The young woman at the desk did not appear to know what is going on and she inquired help from the maintenance staff in addressing the problem. There was absolutely no sensitivity addressing our concern that the young man was having a potential medical emergency. He was covered in whelps, also known as urticarial rash with several bite marks covering his arms and chest. The maintenance man advised in three years he had been working there, there was no report of any bed bugs and that was abnormal. This man requested to see the rash. He claimed he had seen bed bugs before and then attempted to diagnosis our party with shingles. He expressed again I would like to see the rash because I have seen bed bugs before. I responded so have I, I am a paramedic. During this time we decided we wanted to extend our vacation for an extra day. At first they advised they could not extend our vacation an extra day. Then suddenly several hours later the management appeared to be able to pull a day out. We then were advised the evening later that we owed two extra days instead of one. We explained we were told that the trip was paid for up until our check out day and paying two extra days seemed wrong. The manager attempted to try to explain but we were absolutely unable to get our problems remedied. We expressed our entire experience here and he expressed we should have said something sooner. However we had mentioned it to previous personnel. We asked who his supervisor was and He expressed he would not be back to Monday. He also would not give us the information of the supervisor over him. Sounds shady to me. Very inappropriate customer service. I would suggest don't stay here. If somehow our problem finds a solution I will notate here on Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton, experience 5 star. New, no bugs and breakfast in the morning and jam up custome...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank medicchristina

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I was traveling with my husband & my mom to visit family in the area & booked this place because I was looking for a 2 BR, 2 bathroom suite. This Condo had all of that plus a kitchen, dining area, living room & a balcony overlooking the ocean beach! Daily housekeeping service was also included & the place was very clean & comfortable. The building has an elevator as well as stairs. There was a large pool & a recreation room but we were too busy to use them. You can also drive on the beach for a $10 fee. Parking was also included in our rate.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina T
Reviewed 12 July 2015

This was a girl's weekend getaway. There were 5 different rooms rented here. Must be someone owns it and then you rent through management. All of them very nice with kitchens, dining and living room areas..Two bedrooms with 2 baths and balcony. Ours was a little dated but who cares when your there for the beach and company! Pool was clean and lots of chaises to lay on, beach was clean and you can drive on the beach. Walking distance to good restaurants and bars. Very nice location. Elevators very slow and no ice makers...

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Virginia N
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We stayed here June 28th. The resort was very nice and everything was very clean. We were assigned Room 504. While the unit was nice, the bed was HORRIBLE! The mattress in the master bedroom must have been passed down from the Colonial days! I'm not exaggerating when I say there was such a big depression in the right side of the bed, your feet are higher than your midsection! My poor wife slept on that side and I slept on the left side and it was so bad, I kept rolling downhill all night! What a terrible night's sleep! As these are all individually owned condos, it is up to the owner to get a new mattress. At $100+ per night, they can surely afford a new one. Whatever you do, do NOT stay in Room 504 until there is a new mattress in place. I would have rated our stay Excellent if not for that terrible mattress.

Room Tip: Get an ocean FRONT room; not ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Rdwaryer60
Reviewed 10 June 2015

I spent a long weekend at the Oceania Suites in New Smyrna the first week of May 2015. This is a older condo complex with 2 bdrm 2 bath condos for rent. The condo we had was clean and reasonably furnished. The building itself needs a little TLC. The elevator does not have a down button. So usually you ride to the top floor then back again. For the price of the condo it was not a bad deal. Great view of the beach wonderful sunrises. Walking distance to great shopping, dining & bars.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front 4th or 5th floors
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Diane W
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Smyrna Beach
1.0 km away
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
Islander Beach Resort
#6 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
21.5 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Been to Oceania Beach Club? Share your experiences!