“Outstanding Food”

Sawadee Thai Quisine
Ranked #21 of 96 Restaurants in Niceville
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I decided to try this place after seeing it earlier in the week. I arrived around 7:20pm to find the place fairly busy, but several seats were still available. The place can seat about 50 diners, from what I saw.

I ordered the chicken Pad Paw, Thai hot (of course). Food took about 10 minutes at the most, and it was steaming hot when it arrived. The food looked great; however, the Jasmine rice (in a separate bowl) had a few brown spots like it had been slightly scorched, but it could have been discolouration from other food because it didn't taste scorched or have dry texture. Everything was wonderful in fact. Very delicious.

The spiciness was a disappointment because I wanted it Thai hot, then asked for it to be hotter than Thai hot; it wasn't all that hot and I never broke a sweat. Still, I am rating based on flavour and service, and in those two areas this place excelled. Definitely eating here again.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I was out runnin errands and thought I would try this Thai place. Pretty crowded at lunch, so why not. Ordered Thai tea, fish cakes and spring rolls to start. The Thai tea was tasty, the other two was a no. To me there was a smell, and not a good one. I can't explain it, but you know it's not suppose to smell that way. I took a bite of each and then packed up for husband to try. He too thought the same. So in the trash they went. I also ordered Pad Thai. Now that was good. Lots of peanuts, bean sprouts , tasty, spicy. Unfortunately, will not go back.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We've been here a few times now. The food is consistently tasty. We've had two or three of the curries, the fried rice, and the pad Thai -- all were perfectly serviceable.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I've been to many Thai restaurants and ordered the Thai chicken salad, hot. None tasted like the one I got here. Overwhelming (fish sauce?) flavor. So bad I could not eat it. I told the waitress about it and she said; "ok" and took my money. Not can I get you something else? What was wrong with. Just ok.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Excellent Thai food, I go there often for lunch quite often and have taken my daughter and grandson and the love it and also go back often.