“Rude”
Review of NASCRAB

NASCRAB
Type: Other
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The crab man was rude a the family show. Mostly to older women I was pushed by him and could have fell back to a stone fireplace which had a small boy and mother there. I could have hurt the boy. Then he came back at me and pulled a curtain fill speed by the side of my head. At first I thought it must be a joke. We left the show. Now looking back at it all we should have left that minute and call the police

1  Thank sunandfun0000
in 16 reviews
"united"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I am really glad we went despite the negative reviews. My husband, our 11 year old son and I all had an absolute blast at the crab races. Of course, you MUST have a sense of humor and a bit of a thick skin to appreciate this event because that is the point! As the host points out, crab races are the "stupidest thing" but the atmosphere and people (and jokes) are what make it so much fun. It is a combination comedy show/crab race and a big part of the fun is watching people go up to choose a crab, name it, and hear comments from the host. This is the most fun you can have for $2 (the cost of a crab). We were fortunate to be there during off season, but we still went at 5pm exactly when they start seating and we scored the best table right in the front. The food was excellent as well, and even if you don't want to go for dinner, you can still participate in the races. Also, half the money collected is donated to the United Way so you get a fun night and do some good at the same time. He has donated over a quarter million dollars in the 33 years he has been doing this...if he has lasted this long it is apparent that there are a lot of fans out there.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Tween so we thought we would give it a try. It was fun. We got there at 5:30 to get some dinner and to get in line for a crab (first come first serve).
Dont misunderstand, we had fun. But the host told several inappropriate jokes for a kid show. He also seemed more interested in selling shirts. We bought one and he made me feel bad for only buying 1.
He also was grumpy.
Hey, we are on vacation with our kids. Cheer up buckaroo !
Show lasted until 7:30

1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Must do and see while in Captiva!!! Lots of fun and laughs!!!! Sit at the table in front for the best show. You will be sure to have fun it's a unique and entertaining show for all ages! Don't be offended if you get made fun of it's part of the show so bring a good attitude

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I totally don't understand all the positive reviews on here for this. The majority of the time was spent in getting instructions (over and over and over...). The crab racing part was fun but that part was only 5 minutes max. Even our youngest was asking to leave in the middle of it, and he had a front row seat at the table. The "comedy" part was also disappointing. I was expecting some funny "roasting" type comedy. What we got was a lot of yelling at people because they weren't yelling enough, lots of innuendo jokes about the sexual stamina of the 70 year old that he chose to help him with the sound board (and we were at the 6:00 Family show), and lots of "What's the matter with you people, why aren't you drinking more, you're on vacation, you are supposed to be having fun, so you should be getting drunk". Thank goodness the food was good so it wasn't a complete waste of a drive!

1  Thank justbeachy6