“Family Fun”
Review of NASCRAB

NASCRAB
Type: Other
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Our extended family went with 5 kids between 6 and 12 years old. It is good old fashioned fun. No screens, no high tech stuff. Just crabs, a table, and a mic. The kids got to choose and name their crabs for the race and the head guy did a great job of getting everyone involved all the way to the end. The head guy was funny. If you aren't into sarcasm and don't want to be called on, stand in the back or lay low. For the rest of us, it keeps it fun for the adults. I talked to the main guy afterward, and he is a really nice guy. He has been donating proceeds to charity for years from this event.

1  Thank Alex S
in 20 reviews
"hilarious"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The crab man was rude a the family show. Mostly to older women I was pushed by him and could have fell back to a stone fireplace which had a small boy and mother there. I could have hurt the boy. Then he came back at me and pulled a curtain fill speed by the side of my head. At first I thought it must be a joke. We left the show. Now looking back at it all we should have left that minute and call the police

1  Thank sunandfun0000
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I am really glad we went despite the negative reviews. My husband, our 11 year old son and I all had an absolute blast at the crab races. Of course, you MUST have a sense of humor and a bit of a thick skin to appreciate this event because that is the point! As the host points out, crab races are the "stupidest thing" but the atmosphere and people (and jokes) are what make it so much fun. It is a combination comedy show/crab race and a big part of the fun is watching people go up to choose a crab, name it, and hear comments from the host. This is the most fun you can have for $2 (the cost of a crab). We were fortunate to be there during off season, but we still went at 5pm exactly when they start seating and we scored the best table right in the front. The food was excellent as well, and even if you don't want to go for dinner, you can still participate in the races. Also, half the money collected is donated to the United Way so you get a fun night and do some good at the same time. He has donated over a quarter million dollars in the 33 years he has been doing this...if he has lasted this long it is apparent that there are a lot of fans out there.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Tween so we thought we would give it a try. It was fun. We got there at 5:30 to get some dinner and to get in line for a crab (first come first serve).
Dont misunderstand, we had fun. But the host told several inappropriate jokes for a kid show. He also seemed more interested in selling shirts. We bought one and he made me feel bad for only buying 1.
He also was grumpy.
Hey, we are on vacation with our kids. Cheer up buckaroo !
Show lasted until 7:30