“A Great Balance of Taste & Creativity”
Review of Sushi Sake

Sushi Sake
Ranked #50 of 114 Restaurants in North Miami
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 27 December 2014

This was our first visit to this eatery, we had heard it was worth a visit. The menu was extremely varied with a variety of sushi, sashimi and hibachi items. Of course some of the rolls took on a local identity. We usually start are sushi meals with some type of sake and cold appetizer. We opted for a spicy octopus dish that was great. The sauce that it came with was used later on in the meal. We also ordered a salmon skin hand roll, it was definitely one of the best we have eaten and an item we test sushi restaurants on. There was a bit of a problem with the list of sake's, they were out of a lot of them. Being they offer some sort of 'free sake' on Thursday's, I hope they correct the situation. We drank a rather unique 'fizzy' sake, excellent for this type of dining, refreshing & cleansing. In addition to the standard rolls, we ordered one of the locally identified, the 'Marlins' roll. This roll is an absolute must, the delicate balance and flavors made this one we will order again. The presentation was sharp and artfully accomplished. We sat outside on the side walk. The location is in a small strip mall on a major street. The seating was very limited and a bit tight but enjoyable. The interior of the restaurant was extremely tasteful and well appointed. They didn't scrimp on the A/C, it was very chilly, I'm glad we went outside. We went on Christmas day, it was not very crowded. Our server was very pleasant young lady named Ivana. The staff did seem to support each other. Just a little hint, check in with the diner more often, especially a new one. When the restaurant isn't that full the staff still should not be that visually chatty amongst themselves.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

NICE but not impressive. .. the decoration is nice and the service it's ok... the host (pregnant lady) was very helpfull with the menu and very friendly. .. they sell a plate similar tilo the ones that you get on kobe tepanyaki. ..but not enough meat. .a lot of veggies and no meat. .. overall it's nice to go and have a relaxed time

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've visited this location many times before, especially when I'm okay for paying ~$15 a roll. I've noticed that the only people that care are the managers & the cooks. This last time management wasn't present & I question if I'll ever visit again. I called my order in for pickup & was rudely told that since my order was over $60 I had to prepay. Fine, I get why but I felt like I did something wrong for making such a large order (4 rolls & 2 spicy mayo). Then when I arrived to the empty restaurant every single server was huddled in the back. One of them looked at me & immediately looked back to the rest of the group. I had to interrupt them & ask for my order, wait let me rephrase, I had to repeat my prepaid order because I wasn't asked for my name when I did place the order. I waited for about 5 minutes as I watched a server bag up my food & I still had to remind her of my 2 extra spicy mayo. Disappointed to say the least, I understand it was late night so my expectations are pretty low. The only positive was that the sushi was consistent to my other visits.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

What a delight. Sushi Sake offered up some of the best Japanese dishes I have tasted. I went for 2 Eel hand rolls and my husband enjoyed their Teriyaki salmon with a bowl of brown rice. Absolutely delicious. The food came out in a suitable amount of time--the presentation was exquisite. The service was professional from the door until the end of our meal. My sake arrived hot and was delicious too. The ambiance is warm and inviting. Very very clean. I will visit this place once a year if not more when visiting the North Miami area. If YOU are in the area, make a date!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've been to the one in Brickell and this location several times. I just have not reviewed this NMB location.. so here it goes. My 5th time here and never had a bad experience. Service is always polite and swift. The place is always clean and love the ambience..dim lighting..exclusive music videos playing in the background but low enough to have a conversation. I always order my 2 favorite rolls...Dolphin Roll and Miami Heat Roll...both comes hot in foil! They're a bit messy to eat cause they fall apart but they're definitely yummy :) Try their different house sakes too. The best part about this sushi place is the location. Its 10 minutes from my house, plenty of parking and it's open late. Will keep coming back for more!