“Fantastic”
Review of Grand Shores West

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Grand Shores West
Reviewed 9 March 2012

GSW is the only place I will go on Vacation. I work all year and every spring my family and I spend a week or two at Grand Shores. I would never think of staying anywhere else. We like to relax and enjoy the time finally get to spend with each other. Everyone says it is not the ritz well you are right it is ten times better. All of the wonderful staff and friends we have met over the years is due to the atmosphere at GSW. I can tell you there is no better place to enjoy the weather than GSW from the nightly grilling sessions to the quiet beautiful beach. We are there during spring break each year and you would never know it in this quaint low key resort. Thank you Bobby!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner large one bedroom or a townhouse veiw of the pool and the Gulf
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 February 2012

As I write this review for Trip Advisor on Feb 9, 2012, we are two months away from our third stay at GSW.
Our first stay was in 2004. Wife, kids, sister-in-law and I hopped in the van and drove 24hrs straight from Toronto. When we got here we were not disappointed. 2nd floor overlooking the pool and ocean was great. For a family on a budget, $600 for a week in sunny hot Florida was a godsend. No, its not the Hilton, but I did not expect it to be. I'm also not paying $200/night!
In 2011, came back with ALL of the Out-Laws. Again, had a terrific time for the money...even with the Out-laws(they're Scottish). Clean, comfortable, great pool and hot tub area and other guests and the staff were great!
One of the staff happily took us out on the "cat" sailboat free of charge...tipped him a 10-spot and all were happy! Dont listen to the other whiners...the staff are great!!
Many thanks to Patty Dellane who always seems to find us a room. This year in 2012 we are staying in one of the efficiencies with the Murphy bed. Im sure it will be a bit tight, but so what? We're paying $395 for the week!!!
Still cant figure out why its so inexpensive! Stayed at many other places that were good but very expensive. Even motels not on the beach on the other side of Gulf Blvd are twice as expensive!
If you have a young family and on a budget, this is the place to stay.
If I ever buy a timeshare, this is where I'll buy.
Thanks Grand Shores West, see you soon!!!

Tom from Toronto

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My parents-in-law have owned the timeshare penthouse unit at GSW for almost 20 years . My first visit was in back in 2004 and we have been back several times. We either jointly stayed at the penthouse or in a one-bedroom pool-facing on the 1st floor. The location of the GSW is unbeatable right on the beach.The sunsets are breathtaking. The GSW is also one of the only low-built places in the neighborhood with a cozy, homy atmosphere

I do agree with people that the rooms are in general need of a makeover. Whereas the penthouse is well maintained and has been renovated and refurbished over the years, most of the smaller units are still in its original stage. That said, the place is always clean and the service staff are doing their upmost to make everyone feel at home and welcome.

Overall, a place that many people, including us, are calling their home away from home. We hope that the building managers are hearing the feedback that has been given and investing the maintenance funds in the right spots.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonnenblume2011
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Location is wonderful, rooms are small, staff was unfriendly to teenagers. Could definately use some updating in rooms.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SBBK
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Listen people these reviews do not do it justice....If you are going to the beach to stay in the room then do not rent here but if you are going for a beautiful beach and great pool with great views then this is the best bang for your buck period. The entire staff is wonderful and work with what Bobby permits.....there hands are tied !!! Stop bashing and be honest. You will not find a better deal ON THE WATER. Bobby is a smart business man and if he does not want to invest cash into his building than that is his right.

Room Tip: room 221 is the best for a family...loved it
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
7 km away
Beach House Cabanas
Beach House Cabanas
#7 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Grand Shores West? Share your experiences!