“Friendly hosts in a relaxing atmosphere”
Review of Fox Den Tavern

Fox Den Tavern
Ranked #163 of 503 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We went with another couple and enjoyed the variety offered in this inviting atmosphere. The appetizers, main courses and desert were all very good. The Caprese salad was an enjoyable start. The cheese board was a very nice mix of various cheeses, meat, fruit, bread, etc. The Paella was very tasty and filling. The meatballs and pasta hit the mark also, with the enormous meatballs well flavored, properly cooked and served with pasta and a flavorful tomato sauce. Accompanied with a nice selection of wine making the meal most enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Small selection of quality food prepared expertly...

My wife had the Caprese salad and the special Monkfish medallions wrapped in bacon over curry risotto prepared perfectly... Excellent.

I had the special shrimp appetizer and salmon dip and the Monkfish... superb...

Dessert was house made Apple Strudel and coffee...fantastic

James our waiter was great and knowledgeable...

Robert and Young, the owners are beautiful people...

Bathrooms very clean and quite nice :-) a sign of pride in ownership....

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stopped in on my way through Ocala. Was immediately greeted with a friendly face. I had a few drinks for which I didn't have to wait. The bartender on duty was on top of things and it appeared he kept everyone happy at the same time. I did not have time to taste the food, but it was a clean comfortable place where I felt completely at ease. It was a Saturday evening and the Musician who was playing was great. It was so nice to hear live music performed by a professional! I will definitely stop in next time I'm passing through!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We have been meaning to try this place since it opened...Its a couple of blocks off the square downtown Ocala. We were headed to the Marion theater for a movie and noticed that the outside of the building was recently painted with their business name and it caught our eye and reminded us to give it a try after the movie. So glad we did! The owners wait on you and cook the food theirselves. Very friendly and the food was awesome. I had perogies stuffed with cheese and meat, my wife had the Paella. The atmosphere was very nice, they did a great job on everything. Hope this place takes off and does well, because it deserves it.

2  Thank Joe E
Un Yong M, Owner at Fox Den Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you very much comeback to see us again.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Sunday brunch! It was amazing. The freshest food and beyond compare for Ocala. I had the homemade crepes with a delicious blueberry sauce and fresh berries. I forgot to take a picture because I ate it so fast! This is not a chain restaurant and then it was nice to walk around downtown afterwards. The cheese plate was excellent, the salad was delicious, everything was so good!

1  Thank Erica H

Thank you very much we glad to serve you.