“EXCELLENT SEAFOOD!!!”
Review of Fire on the Bayou

Fire on the Bayou
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Orange City
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Nice little restaurant. Very friendly staff. Seafood is delicious. New Orleans style fare. Definitely save room for dessert & get the bread pudding. You'll thank me later.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We had lunch here recently, and it was delightful from start to finish. My only regret is that we live too far away to come here more often!

The service (by David) was excellent - thank you David! Not rushed, not intrusive, but just right. The atmosphere was unique and interesting, with nicely done wall murals that scream New Orleans, even in the restroom. Lots to look at here.

We started with an order of fried tomatoes from the appetizer menu, and very nearly licked the plate, they were that good. Topped with an unusual brown sauce and fried tidbits of crayfish, which we had never had before, it was all delicious. For my entree, I had a blackened burger, with a side of potato salad. The burger was great, the potato salad a little on the bland side. It was huge, and I ended up eating only half so that we could try the bread pudding for dessert.

OMG, the bread pudding! My dining companion said she was not a fan of bread pudding, but tried a bite of mine....and then another bite....and another....yes, folks, we have a convert! The sauce that they put on top was absolutely fantastic, another want-to-lick-the-plate moment! My only criticism is that it was a tad overbaked - the bottom and outer edge was so dark that it was nearly burnt. We just ate around that part. The price is high at $9, but it's a huge serving, easily enough for two.

Highly recommend trying Fire on the Bayou, and can't wait to go back myself.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The food is great and you get alot for a good price, The shrimp and grits are fantastic, we have tried several items on the menu and have not been disappointed yet. We always end up taking food home cause you get so much . it is a new restaurant they have about 12 - 15 tables plus a bar to sit at.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We came with a party of ten for my nephew’s Birthday, The restaurant was very accommodating, the food and service was Top notch

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This small restaurant is tucked out of the way in a shopping center by the children's consignment shop. The walls are painted in a really fun, vibrant way. I was so excited when I read the menu. Lots of choices that sounded wonderful.
We started out with some appetizers. The kick a$$ sausage bites were good, but too there was too much bread. The gator bites and po boys were fine, but nothing stand out. The smokey wedge salad sounded great, and was yummy, but I wish there had been more lettuce. I had a seafood boil. The crab was good - not soggy like it had been just soaking in a pot of water. Someone at my table had the crawfish and they were not at all impressed.
The waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive.
The check seemed pretty high for the quantity of food that we received. It was definitely a place I am glad I tried, and a welcome addition to the range of foods available in Orange City, but I don't think I will go a second time.