“Trip of a lifetime!”

Ranked #8 of 455 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It has the most amazing rides! We spent 5 days here and managed to get on a lot of rides at least 4 times! Island of adventure is great on a hot day with numerous water rides, if it’s raining head to the studios where most rides are inside.
The only criticism I can make is the food! Even though there’s lots of places to eat they all sell pretty much the same thing and as a vegetarian I struggled.

1  Thank 93Kate93
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Kate,

I'm so thrilled to know that you had an amazing visit to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure! It's great to know that you were able to spend so much time in the parks and got to enjoy various attractions multiple times throughout your visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. I personally love the water rides as well, so I'm glad that you got to enjoy the break from the heat. During your next visit I hope that you get the chance to watch the Horror Makeup Show, it's the perfect mix of entertainment and education about the movie industry. I appreciate the feedback that you provided about the dining options throughout the park. I'm sorry to hear that it was difficult to find a lot of options for your dietary needs. If you would like to share any additional feedback I recommend that you contact Guest Services at (407) 224-4233, option 4 or GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon!

-Amanda

Write a ReviewReviews (33,160)
All reviews
in 1,397 reviews
"hogwarts express"
in 1,091 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Yes I love this park, kids love it too. We do love Disney world but there is just so much more that we like here even though there is much less park. Something for everyone, my 8 year old has told me he likes it better than Disney but would he say that if he thought he wouldn’t go to Disney world again..? Who knows, lots of places to eat in city walk for that reason I love going here, so much more variety without having to leave and drive somewhere.

2  Thank Lisa S

Hello Lisa,
I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoy Universal Studios Florida. I, too, enjoy the wide variety of restaurants in CityWalk, but have you ever eaten at Mythos? It is our award-winning restaurant inside Islands of Adventure. I highly recommend giving it a try next time if you haven't. Thank you so much for the review. I look forward to the next time we see you at the parks!
-Michael

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited Universal last year almost the same week that we were there this year. Last year was a really nice time. I booked 5 nights in a Family Tower Suite at Cabana Bay with 4 day, park to park pass for my family of four. I did not want tickets to Volcano Bay. Last year's total cost was $1,879.16. We had a wonderful time...LAST YEAR!
When I called in April to book the EXACT same package, I was quoted a cost of $2,156.32...a whopping $259.16 more! I told the representative (Angeline) that I wasn't expecting so much of an increase and would need to speak to my wife before I booked. She said the prices had increased to stay competitive with the other attractions in the area. After speaking to my wife and In less than 30 minutes, I called back to book. The representative I spoke to that time (Melissa) quoted a price of $2,192.37. I was told the $36.05 increase was due to adjustments for supply and demand. OK...so I booked, got a confirmation number and we were set to enjoy another vacation at Universal....expecting exactly what we experienced last year. WRONG.
When we checked in late the evening of Monday, May 14, I was told we had a room for only 4 nights and park passes for the 4 days as I requested. The lady that checked me in said that I was confirmed for 5 days at Cabana Bay and 4 nights stay. I was stunned! Since we had all the trip planned around 5 nights stay, I was forced to pay for another night. That cost us an additional $272.54! Now, the EXCAT same package that we enjoyed last year for $1,879.16 ended up being $2,464.91....a whopping $585.75 more or a 31% increase!
As soon as we got checked into our room, I made a call to the number I used to book...877-801-9720 and explained very carefully what had just happened. I spoke to a man named "Toledo." The conversation lasted 38 minutes and I knew I wasn't getting anywhere with him. He couldn't give me any breakdown of what I'd paid for or even quote me the costs if I were to book the same package that day. Finally, I asked to speak to a supervisor. A lady named Chris, who claimed to be a supervisor, was nothing but a broken record saying "prices are subject to change on an hourly basis." When I said she wasn't helping me at all, I decided to end the conversation and try to enjoy the vacation. But in the back of my mind, I was upset over what had happened and my family knew it.
Today, after cooling off for a long enough period of time, I called guest services at 407-224-4233 and spoke to a lady named Samantha. She listened to everything I had to say and then gave me a reference number. I'm wondering how long it will be before someone actually returns my call.
Word to the wise....VERIFY EVERYTHING. Had I known the EXACT vacation package was going to increase by almost $600.00, we would not have stayed at Universal Studios.

1  Thank Fred R

Hello Fred,
I am terribly sorry to read about how disappointed you are with your recent vacation to Universal Orlando Resort. It is never our intention for our Guests to feel this way, as we want each and every person that visits to have a vacation like no other. I would also like to apologize if your interactions with our Team Members were less than satisfactory. We are a feedback based company, and I want to assure you that your issues and concerns have been formally documented to be viewed by the appropriate members of management. I understand that you have already spoken once to our Guest Services department, but to discuss this situation further, you will need to either again call 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and provide your honest review. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope we get the opportunity to host you again in the future.
-Michael

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I travelled without kids to Universal and Islands of Adventure to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We are 50 ish and are on our way to Daytona so this was a great stop. We bought a vacation package on Costco Travel that included our 3 day -2 park pass tickets and a Lowes hotel that was on site. We opted to not go for the very expensive hotel that included the express pass.
The hotel- Sapphire Falls was great. Nice amenities, clean comfy room and great water taxi or bus transportation to the park. Also was an easy 10-15 minute walk.
Since we were rookies, we stopped at the concierge desk after being bussed to city walk our first evening, and Louis was fantastic. Gave us some tips and advice regarding how to navigate the park areas, times to go, ( and avoid- early entry is not necessary- the park really does clear out noticeably after 2:30).
I have to say that if you have limited days at the park, and are going at busy times- the average numbers for our days was about 27,000 and it was pretty busy- the express pass does save probably a days admission so it evens out. We were sceptical but for 65 minute regular waits- the express pass took it down to 10 or 15 tops. The SINGLE lines were also very efficient and since you don't really talk on the rides...
Do's-
1.stay on site as transportation to and from is easy
2.Use single lines when available
3. get an express pass for 1 day if you are crunched for time and can't handle long waits and winding lines, and it fits with your budget.
4. Stop at the concierge kiosk for some tips and plans
Don't
1.Be vigilant about early entry- you really need to be rested with our without kids and you can have a great day starting at 2 pm-10pm if you don't need to get back. We arrived at 10:30 am all 3 days and it was totally relaxing and efficient.
2. Go to Shrek 4D or MIB- very poor quality for Shrek and outdated for MIB.
Thanks Again Louis- the express pass made our 3rd day the best!!

1  Thank laidlaw5

Hi!

I am so happy to hear you loved your stay at Sapphire Falls Resort! The water taxi is such a great option to save yourself some walking back and forth. I am so glad Louis was able to give you so many tips and tricks for your visit with us. I'm so glad you felt that the Express Pass was extremely beneficial to your visit with us. it is a great way to get on as many attractions as possible, especially if you only have one day. Thank you for your feedback about our Early Park Admission, Shrek 4-D, and MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack. I hope you had a chance to go on my favorite attraction, Revenge of the Mummy, while you were here! Thank you for your review, and I hope you visit us again soon.

- Molly