US$147
US$125
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$164
US$102
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

US$93
US$128
US$106
US$115
US$110
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$119
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$170
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$95
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

1,520 results
All reviewsjambo housesavannah viewbedroom villaanimal kingdomdvc membersnight vision gogglesfull bathroomsthe buswatching the animalssanaa restaurantbread servicecommunity roomstandard viewjamba houseroom close to the lobbyanimal viewshome resort
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My family visited the Animal Kingdom in March 2018. This was our fifth stay over the past nine years and was our best yet. We arrived with a sick toddler and were worried about the trip but attempted to make the best of it. The amazing staff at the front desk were so very helpful by providing us with a larger room to allow us to space to stay in the room while our older son was at the parks with one of us. The front desk truly went above and beyond for us during this trip and we will forever thankful for the niceness shown on this trip.

Once we arrived home (from a 21 hour drive) we realized we had left a Buzz Lightyear toy behind we had just purchased. After contacting the hotel to say thank you for everything they did and inquire about the toy, Michale send us the Buzz Lightyear toy with friends back to our boys with a great story about their trip “home”.

We will never forget the magic we experienced and can not wait to take our boys back! If you are looking for amazing staff at a Disney hotel look no further, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Krista W
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Just like you give Animal Kingdom Lodge a 5 Star+++, I give this review a 5 Star+++! It stinks to hear you checked into the Resort with a sick little one; no one wants to be sick at Disney World. It seems like with a little help from the Front Desk, your family was able to make the best of it. As if a sick little one wasn’t the worst, Buzz Lightyear got left behind! Never fear though, Michale to the rescue, making sure he found his way home. Thanks for sharing this unforgettable story with us. We can’t wait to welcome you home again.

Brittany

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This was our 4th time staying at AKL and our 3rd stay at Kidani Village since becoming DVC members. We love the smaller more intimate feel of Kidani. While Kidani is not as large and as extravagant as Jambo, it can still hold its own. A friendly staff, gorgeous artwork, vibrant decor, inviting nooks, a cozy library, smaller pool with a fun water slide, community hall, and fabulous restaurant are just some of the reasons why Kidani is our choice every single time. One of our favorite things to do while at this resort is to sit on our balcony overlooking the savanna while drinking coffee, eating breakfast, and observing the abundant wildlife (on our most recent stay we saw multiple animals ranging from zebras, giraffes, okapi, red river hogs, etc.). We keep meaning to try other DVC resorts, but AK Kidani is always a good time and has always provided us with a great family experience, which keeps us coming back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Hulagirlie2003
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

I am so excited to hear that you love to call Kidani Village home. Our Resort is truly an escape to your own safari adventure. The details have been curated to whisk you away to another part of the world where you experience another culture without having to have a passport.

It’s all about the experiences at Kidani Village. The relaxing feel of our pools where you can soak up the sun, take a ride down the waterside, or rest in a delightful hot tub after a long day at our Theme Parks. But I have to agree with you that the best part is enjoying your morning coffee out on the balcony overlooking the savanna and watching all the exotic animals that call this home.

I feel so honored that you continue to call us your home away from home and look forward to all your future visits. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Jessica

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Quick weekend stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Although we prefer Jambo House we've grown accustomed to Kidani Village and requesting a room closest to the pool area typically in the Rafiki Parking area. The room itself was pretty nice. Typically we stay in a Studio Savanna View this time around we had a 1 Bed Savanna View. The room is well equipped with two full bathrooms , full kitchen , sofa bed and an extra single couch pull out bed. The master bedroom was well equipped and the master bath was huge with a whirlpool and separate shower. The balcony was def great at it was twice the size of the studio unit and it had two exits one through master and one through living room. I added some pics. I can not ad much more as far as resort other than I love the bar tender in the pool area in Kidani Village , Love the pool area , the Okapi is nice an dbeing able to see animals from different vantage places is nice.

Room Tip: Room 7638 was good and close to pool , savanna was nice and active.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank gabsmooth
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Well, the title says it all. This was our big trip to Disney and animal kingdom kidani village was a bust. There were so many things wrong that it’s hard to tie them together to make a more a generalized complaint. However, I will posit that many of the problems relate to the fact that this is a timeshare property. While I can’t say that definitively since I didn’t stay at the other properties (particularly Jambo House), it at least gives Disney an out as it relates to their entire philosophy around hospitality. So, here we go…
First, and most striking, the general attitude of the staff was apathetic at best. Everyone from porters, greeters, front desk staff to the concierge didn’t have an ounce of the Disney “magic” you would have expected. Smiles were few and far between and energy levels were low. For a company that prides itself on having a “way”, this was shocking to experience. Our family didn’t feel transported to some magical place and often felt like our presence was more bothersome than welcome by the staff. We had stayed at the Lowes at Universal earlier and felt the experience there was notably better. Process that for a second: Universal provided a better hospitality experience than Disney – that should just never happen.

Food is just bad. They literally have one restaurant on property with a very particular and inflexible menu. It’s hard to get seating there (including in the lounge), and if you do, you better like the food because they aren’t changing it for you. Again, take a second and process that. You are at a Disney resort and you only have one inflexible place to eat…like how does that make sense whatsoever. And good luck if you have any particular dietary restrictions – as vegetarians, it was over before it even started. We literally had to go off property for every meal. I mean, come on, what is that? This applies to the pool bar as well. They literally don’t have a fryer on property…so sitting poolside, you can’t get fries. You can get hummus on a hot sunny day…yeah but no fries. Make sense. Also speaking of the poolside bar, absolutely no flexibility on the drinks. Coffee smoothie/milkshake? Nope, no coffee. But you have coffee downstairs at Sanaa? Yeah, but that’s too much work for us, so no. Just mind boggling.

Lack of detail, just poor execution. For half of the time there we didn’t have wifi in our room. When I called guest services about this the first time, I literally didn’t get a call back. Just doa. When I had to follow up, I was told it was being worked on by the Wifi department. Still no fix. 2nd day in, and another call later, we finally had someone come to our room. He simply told us the signal was strong and that that was that. Wow. It was also suggested to us that the wifi worked in the lobby so that was an option. Again, just wow. Other incidents? Yeah there was more. When I called guest services to ask about the gym hours I was told 9-11pm…the same as the pool hours. That didn’t seem to make sense to me so I asked again, and was told same thing. Only when I literally went to the gym myself the next day to verify myself did I see it was open 24hrs. When I mentioned this to the front desk staff it was simply met with a shrug. No apology, or follow through whatsoever. Just a meh. Same reaction when I called the front desk asking for a pizza cutter. I was told it was on the way up. Never showed up. When I told the front desk about this, same indifferent response. On our first day I asked the staff outside if I should take an uber or taxi to animal kingdom park – I wanted to get there quickly and at the best price. They said taxi. 20 minutes later, a taxi shows up and charges me $20 (2x the rate of Uber). Like why would recommend that? They simply don’t care. Now I know these are very specific incidents that are unlikely to replicated by guests in future, so my point is about how the situations were handled and the lack of professionalism.
As a final kick on the way out, I was denied a comment form by the front desk when asked. They told me only “housekeeping” has those. So instead of voicing my concerns directly to Disney, here I am.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Samir J
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

I’m sorry to learn after reading your review that you were so disappointed with your stay at Kidani Village. Just as you mention multiple times in your review, the thing that sticks out about Disney as a whole is the first rate Guest service that everyone has come to know and love. When a visit deviates from this norm, I can totally understand the frustration. We certainly never want anything to go wrong while visiting, but sometimes things just happen. When you reach out to our Cast Members, they are expected to jump to action and return the magic to your visit. It’s disheartening to read this didn’t happen.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to air your frustrations with us. I will be sharing your review with our Resort Leadership so they can also learn of the areas we fell short and work to ensure we are only providing the world-class experience that you deserve.

While we do have more dining options available at Jambo House, just a short walk or ride away, it seems this Resort just wasn’t a good fit for you and your family’s needs. We hope you won’t let this visit sour your opinion of the Walt Disney World and that you’ll give one of our other Resorts a chance to provide a much better experience for you and your family in the future.

Brittany

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My stay here was short but I would probably not go again... this place has the worlds longest corridors also the rooms aren’t as good as the other luxury resorts such as Saratoga Springs or Old Key West! The shown animal idea you never really look at? Maybe once or twice. Overall personally not my favourite hotel :/

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Isaac L
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at Kidani Village.

I’m sorry to hear that you had some concerns with the layout of the Resort. Since this Resort is unique with its sprawling savannas, it was import to us that we offer the most extensive views to our Guests. This is why the corridors are long to accommodate the maximum number of Guest rooms. We can understand how this would affect the walk to your vehicle or the bus stop every morning and feeling like you have to go on a wild Africa trek to leave the Resort.

Because Saratoga Springs and Old Key West lend themselves a bit better to your family’s style, I truly hope you’ll come back and visit with us at those locales again real soon.

Jessica