12,061 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksroom keyuniversal orlandoclub levelearly accessboat ride
Reviewed 19 March 2011

For a visit to Universal Studios, staying at the Royal Pacific resort was a great choice. While the hotel is pricier than where we usually stay, the fact that you get admission one hour earlier and the fast-pass for rides/shows at Universal Studios made up for the cost. With the fast-pass (or Express-Pass), we got to see and do everything we wanted, without waiting in line an hour or more for some rides. I don't think Universal Studios would have been tolerable without the Express-Pass.

We also had two dinners at the hotel (too tired to go anywhere else after visiting the Theme Park). All were very good, and the Ahi Tuna in the Bento Box in the Islands Restaurant was one of the best meals I've ever had. However, the Fish Tacos at Bula Grill (outdoors by the pool) were disappointing. My family also enjoyed their meals, and kids 12 and under eat free at Islands is a good deal.

Overall, great for an Orlando stay if you are going to Universal Studios. If you are not going to Universal, then I am not sure this hotel would make sense.

1  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Very nice hotel, lovely rooms and gardens. Staff friendly and helpful. Shuttle boat from the hotel to the parks is great and runs all day. Express cards very useful to jump queues in the parks. The only drawbacks are the extras. Parking is 15 dollars a day. Bit of a cheek when you have to park there. Internet access is around 9 dollars a day. All other hotels I stayed in in Florida had free internet. A bottle of water in the room is 7 dollars. Buy your water in City Walk at around 2 dollars.

Overall though we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Stayed with my 11 year old son - room quite basic for the money, but clean and safe. The room key acted as a 'fast pass' for Universal studio rides, which proved a great help. Universal Islands of Adventure (which has the Harry Potter bit) sometimes opened at 8am for hotel guests and annual pass holders only - had it not done this, I doubt we would have got to enjoy it as much - it was often closed as it got too full. Eating in any of the 4 restaurants was very pricey, but we found the food MUCH nicer then the Disney hotel we had previously stayed at. Only complaint was that the room was not serviced until 4-6pm every day - just as we arrived back from a long day at the parks and that the cost of the odd snack here and there seemed to really add up. If I went again and did not have a rental car, I would take a taxi to the nearest supermarket and stock up on soft drinks etc - I noticed lots of the Americans who arrived can complete with trays of bottled water etc. Couldn't fault the staff - all very helpful and polite. As it's also a confernce centre, there were a large number of suited and booted people kicking around which was a bit odd, but didn't bother us. Only 5-10 mins walk to Universal or there is a boat service which is very regular.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lisac5915
Reviewed 14 March 2011

If you are looking to stay on Universal property, I would definitely recommend Loews Royal Pacific - it seems to be the best value and very close to the parks and CityWalk. A 8-10 minute walk or a shuttle boat that runs every 20 minutes will get you to the parks and CityWalk in no time at all. The early park access to Harry Potter and the Express Pass alone make it well worth the money!! The hotel is neat and clean and the service is friendly. The pool area is nice and fun for kids, and we ate at Jake's which had good food and great service. It would have been nice if there were balconies on the rooms and I'm not sure why parking ($15 a night) isn't just included with the hotel rate.

Reviewed 14 March 2011

The hotel is beautiful, the grounds are spectacular and the King Suite with Sofabed was very nice. What good is any of this if your bed is so uncomfortable that you can't sleep? My 16 year old son was supposed to sleep on the sofa bed but you could feel the metal springs and frame right through the extremely thin mattress. (he has slept on dozens of hotel sofabeds without a problem) He ended up getting only 2 hours of sleep and we had a long day ahead at Universal Studios. Instead of staying the 2nd night we chose to check out at midnight and drive home to South Florida.