Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
  • Restaurant
Floridian Express(Orlando)
  • Breakfast included
11,046 results
All reviewsexpress passwater taxicity walkislands of adventureislands dining roombula barharry potterorchid loungetchoup chopearly admissionfast passboth parksuniversal orlandoroom keyearly accessclub levelboat ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort at Unviersal in Orlando during our spriing break trip. Very nice property. Great location. You can easily walk to the two theme parks and City Walk from the property. The pool was very nice. Service was great. Rooms were clean and well designed. The beds were very comfortable. Using your room key as an Express Pass (front of the line for most of the rides at the parks) is very well worth it. We would stay at this property again.

1  Thank CGB5620
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The RPR is gorgeous! We had a great one week stay. The staff are pleasant and very helpful. The room was also beautiful and always clean. You can't beat the Keurig coffee maker in room.
The onsite restaurants are also very good and the staff very friendly. We loved our stay so much we'll be returning for another week stay very soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AJADisney
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was my first trip to Universal Studios (I am usually a Disney person) so I had no idea what to expect. I like to stay on property on Disney so I thought I would give it a shot and stay on property at Universal. First of all the advantage to skip the lines with the Express pass via your room key - AWESOME! We went to check out the Spiderman ride and never waited more than maybe 10 min and sometimes the regular line was over 90 minutes. That feature was invaluable and like other reviewers had written - we already checked out of the hotel our last day, but we were still able to keep the room key and use it for access to the express line. The water taxi was convenient to take back and forth from the hotel and we never waited more than a few minutes for the boat.
This resort is expensive, but you are paying for the proximity to the park and all the extras at the resort. The room was nice - comfy bed, great flatscreen TV - great channel selection, but not too fancy. You can can the "Star Service" from your phone and they can help with anything. I managed to forget a comb and after I called they promptly delivered one to my room. Oh and I love the Keurig coffee maker in the room - they supply a great selection of coffees, creamers (liquid!!!) and sugar, sweeteners.
You can get a wake-up call from one of the characters and my son was very excited to get a wake-up call from Spiderman!!
My young son LOVED the pool area. He can't swim yet and was happy that part of the pool is shallow and gradually gets deeper so he could hang out in the "big pool", but they do have a kiddie pool for the really little ones. They have the "splash pad" area for the kids too which is a blast! Also, there always seemed to be a few shady areas you could hide out in the pool to stay out of the sun. They have some pool toys and floatation devices in the pool and you can rent a life-vest for FREE!! I even discovered later that they have pool tables and ping pong tables outside by the pool. Every staff member by the pool was FANTASTIC! They will do anything for you. Everyone working outside by the pool genuinely were nice and seemed to like their jobs - always asking if you needed anything. I also like the fact that during the day the wait staff would come around to take orders for drinks or food so you can keep your eye on your little ones and don't have to leave to get food, etc. They have plenty of lifeguards there too - even at night - which I thought was great. They show a movie at the pool at night which was fun too. If you are going to drink alcohol (which seems pretty popular at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure) at the pool I would wait until after 7pm when they have "happy hour". The drinks are MUCH cheaper at night. There is even a little ice cream shop by the pool, but the hours were strange.
We were in Tower II, which of course was the furthest from the pool and the water taxi, but it wasn't a horrible walk.
Only ate at one of the restaurants at the hotel and it was great! They had a few and all they all looked really good.
I would definitely come back and stay at this property again. We had a great time! No complaints.

Room Tip: Tower 2 seems to be the least convenient in terms of pool and water shuttle use.
8  Thank FOOPSIE
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My Daughter (13) and I stayed here for 3 nights (Mar 12-15) after our 7N cruise from FLL. We usually stay at Disney onsite and wanted to try something different. This hotel is beautiful – from landscape to interior! All the staff there was also very friendly.

Our room was a standard King Size room on the higher floor (as requested) facing the garden (not much of a view but ok). The room was super clean and Housekeeping kept it that way for the duration of our stay. Bed was super comfy. The Keurig coffee maker with Emeril’s coffee was a super plus - except it would have been nice if there were regular milk instead of half/half cream to go with it. They have bold, mild, decaf, green tea and even hot chocolate to choose from and Housekeeping fills it up every morning!

The outdoor pool area is clean and well maintained. There are several restaurants onsite but we only tried the Orchid Count Sushi Bar. The sushi there is very good and the price is fair for a resort hotel. We went there two times during our stay as we love to sit there to relax (free wifi) after a long day at the park.

The walk to IOA is only 10mins and it’s thru a very beautiful scenery trail. We also took the water taxi a couple of times. The early admission and Express pass is a MUST to both parks!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I went back and forth, over and over, about whether it would be worth it to pay the HUGE difference in price between staying at Universal, on the property, or at a nearby hotel. It was a special celebration and, in the end, I'm SO glad we just bit the bullet and ponied up for the extravagant (read: exorbitant) price. It really is a beautiful place and the staff is attentive to the point of obsequiousness when checking in (they call you by your name every time they see you, too) and the room was a well appointed and comfortable suite. "Water view" is a term they use a little loosely (we could see the pool) and interchangeably with "Garden room" (we could also see some landscaping). I lost a jacket (my forgetfulness) and the only reason I don't rate them a 5 is because they kept telling me they would look and call me back and no one ever did. If they'd said, "We'll call you if we find it," that would have sufficed. But, saying they'd call and then not doing it made me feel brushed off and question whether they'd ever actually looked. So, to summarize - be prepared to pay through the nose for everything and you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: "Water view" is a term they use a little loosely (we could see the pool) and interchangeably with "Garden room" (we could also see some landscaping). If you really want a "water view" of the lagoon, be very specific.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple