We booked this trip to take my young son to see Harry Potter for his 6th birthday. He loved it and is already asking to come back next year for his 7th birthday.
We stayed at the RPR and absolutely loved it. None of the nightmare housekeeping stories I read about prior to our triip were a problem for us. I asked for early housekeeping at checkin and every afternoon when we returned from the parks our rooms were clean. Very pleased. The only thing that would have improved the experience would have been a full ice bucket (as oppsed to an empty one). However, I'm sure if I had requested this it also would have been done. All the employees were very nice and respectful to my family and myself.
We utilized the Mariner's Club one evening so my husband and I could attend HHN. Not very busy (only 2 other children) but my son loved it and wanted to go back the next night.
The pool was great and the towel staff there wonderful (one nice young man even brought me and another lady tightly rolled towels to go behind our necks). I think I could have slept by the pool that night!
We ate dinner at Jake's one evening. The food was wonderful and reasonaly priced. The service was excellent and the entertainment very good. Managed to watch the Alabama vs. Florida game during dinner. Fantastic!
We did end up in Tower 2 (with the pets) but were on the top floor and never heard a sound from dogs or any other guests. (Although I know there were other people close to us). We never heard a sound.
My one and only gripe with RPR is being charged nightly to park. This I don't understand. Also, anything from the minibar is highway robbery and the prices for room service are completely off the charts. (They must be trying to discourage this!)
All in all, RPR is perfect. A great walk or water taxi ride to the parks. Beautiful landscaping. Hope to definitely return in the future with the rest of my family. Maybe for the 7th birthday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Florida