Stayed in this hotel for 10 nights over April. On arrival, you can drive your car up to the entrance where hotel staff will help you unloading your luggage. You can either choose valet service or self-parking. There are plenty of spaces in the car park.
Reception staff were very polite and helpful on checking in. We were given our room keys and shown to the machines for your fastpass (an amazing advantage of being at this hotel). There is also a concierge who were very helpful with getting us tickets for the blue man group.
Our room was on the first floor, with a view over the garden area. The beds are incredibly comfy, rooms spacious and clean. You can check out either at the desk or through the TV in your room.
We arrived in the evening and had a walk around the hotel and the pool just looks gorgeous overnight. And during the day! The depth of the pool differs everywhere you move and there are not many deep areas for really swimming but shallow areas are good for cooling down and for children. During the evenings they hold movie nights with a different movie every night. Towels and chair covers are provided free of charge. You can also order drinks around the pool or go to the poolside bar. Oh and there's a water slide!
Only thing I would say about the pool area is there were a lot of children around, so I wouldn't particularly recommend this hotel for couples.
There is a walkway to the parks and other hotels, or you can jump on the water taxi over to the citywalk.
We had breakfast in the hotel on our first morning, but it was relatively expensive so decided to go elsewhere after this. There was however a good range of foods to choose from, or you could pay around $20 for the buffet breakfast. There is also another restaurant, The Palm, on site but we never visited this restaurant. There are so many restaurants a stones throw away on city walk and just a short drive away on international drive. There is also a bar and a hard rock shop on site, as well as a snack bar/shop where you can get ice creams, pastries and other snacks.
Only thing I have to complain about (other than the amount of children) is there was a cockroach in our room on our last night. We told reception staff and they were incredibly apologetic and called maintenance, who attempted to find it but it had hidden somewhere. Anyway they organised for people to come in and fumigate the room the next day, by which point we had left anyway, and had found and gotten rid of the cockroach ourselves!
Other than this, we really did enjoy our stay and the benefits really are worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida