We booked the Hard Rock for my 60th Birthday as our last trip was so memorable, we also upgraded to the rock star experience as we had read so much about what an amazing experience it was, Unfortunately our expectations were not met and the whole thing was a great disappointed. There was no problem with the room or the reception staff, we were so excited but when we went to sample this amazing 7th floor lounge and unfortunately it was not good. I do understand that they had a lot of guest but surely they know this and should staff accordingly, the evening was not as bad as breakfast the next morning, I can only describe it as a scrum! I estimate around 100 rooms + on the 7th floor and there is one toaster for all the guests and to top it, the toaster didn't work, after 8 minutes all you got was warm bread, I honestly think this is poor especially with the extra cost of the "rock star experience" to me it was more like a busker experience being moved on from shop front!
For 20 minutes we waited to find a staff member, there was no coffee and the place looked like a bomb had hit it! I do understand that at busy times things can get a bit stretched but this was ridiculous, when I did find a staff member I asked why there was no coffee or staff? She shrugged her shoulders and said they were busy.
I have contacted the customer services when they contacted me about my complaint and I wont bore you with it but it was pretty much the same attitude, My advice to anyone thinking of booking the 7th floor, don't. Its way over priced, take a garden room, you will save yourself a few hundred dollars that you can spend on buying a nice breakfast or cocktails in the evening.
We wont be returning to the Hard Rock, on a special occasion your expectations are high, and disappointment stays with you a long time, there are some great hotels in and around Orlando and we will be going to one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida