We are a family of 5 ... (3 children, 2 adults) who decided to spend 4 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel Universal Orlando in order to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter Universal Islands of Adventure.
I knew that we needed a suite and that theme park hotels in Orlando are CRAZY expensive ... so i was prepared to pay top dollar.
We chose Hard Rock because of its location. It is a 10 minute walk down a beautiful, garden path behind the hotel to the front gate at Universal Studios OR there are constantly running boat taxis (5 minute drive) to Universal Studios/Universal City Walk area).
I have been to a few other Hard Rock Hotels before and they are slightly worn & tacky. This one is BEAUTIFUL! A true 4 to 5 star hotel from the exterior facade to the interior lobby to the restaurants, pool area, etc.....
Check in was a breeze .... less than 10 minutes. We took the elevator up to the 5th floor and opened the door to our lovely room. We had a Kid's Suite. This consisted of a foyer, then a very large bathroom with separate tub & shower with double sink, then a very large (probabably 18 x 22 ft) living area with a king size bed, fold out couch, dresser & large flat screen TV. Connected to this room was another large bedroom with 2 twin beds, dresser with a flat screen TV & a small kid's dining table with 4 chairs. I think my only 'beef' would be that there is no room for a dining table in the main living room area .... and that presents a bit of a problem when you get room service as you have to sit on the bed or couch to eat.
They do kind of nickel and dime you to death a bit ... My youngest (7 years) wanted to stay in the bedroom with her two siblings and so we asked for a roll away bed to be brought up (instead of her sleeping on the pull out couch in our sleeping area) .... We were told that the roll away bed would be $25/a day to rent .... I WAS FLABBERGASTED to say the least. For the amount of money being paid at this hotel per night .... that was ridiculous to me.
All in all we were incredibly happy with our stay at this hotel. Not only did our keycards get us free fast pass access so we didn't have to wait in long lines for rides .... but the convenient location sold me completely !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida