“pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #42 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Davenport, Florida
“pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I booked here at the last minute thinking it was a standard Hilton Hotel. When I went to check in I was asked if I was an 'owner'...I immediately thought the price I got was going to force me to do a timeshare tour. I was informed about the tour and the benefits, but never pressured. I respectfully declined and said that I was only in town for 2 days, the manager was kind enough to upgrade me to a suite (slow time, and I'm diamond). The rooms are amazing...I thought about moving in and never going home. Staff is friendly and helpful also...would definitely go back! well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view and high floor (parking garage blocks the view partially from lower floors)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Arabic first
Denver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Hotel is set up as a Vacation Club / Time Share hotel although individual reservations are available. Hotel is relatively new. It is clean and well managed. We requested an upper floor room with a view of the Disney fire works. They accomodated our request but the hotel is just a little too far from the fire works for the full effect. Upgraded to a 1 room suite for an addiional twenty five dollars. Worth every penny. Rooms are spacious and well appointed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite for twenty five dollars. Free in room internet. No shuttle to Disney.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We've been staying at Parc Soleil for the last two years and love it. We have two young kids (5 and 3) and find it perfect for our circumstance. It's a perfect home base to visit the orlando attractions - it's close to everything. The pool slide is also nice leverage to use to get the kids to behave while visiting stuff - they love it. There's a nice play room for rainy days as well as a nice sunshaded outside play park. The food is good and is priced fairly. The hotel is cleaned and very well maintained.
The price is fair for what you get. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012
atlanta
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I am short on time so have to make this quick, but will definitely come back to Parc Soleil. I did not want to go home. Truly luxurious and gorgeous 1 bedroom suite - more like an apartment. Great bathtub - I used every night there. Beautiful pool and grounds. Walking trail, water slide, playground, super clean and friendly. I was treated like a valued guest and the staff remembered us at the cafes. Did not even go to a theme park because we had so much fun at the resort.

Room Tip: We got a fireworks view, but the pool view might have also been fun. The fireworks were really far a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank atlbritt
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I booked our stay for 3 nights because HH contacted us to sit through the timeshare presentation and in turn gave us a really great rate. My husband, 2 yo daughter, and I stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath lockout. The accommodations were very nice, clean, large, and well appointed. The towels were thick and soft and the beds were comfortable. Traveling with a 2 yo, it's always nice to have a washer and dryer in the room. The pools were also very nice and kept at a comfortable temperature. We didn't eat onsite since there were so many restaurants close by in what we heard referred to as "restaurant row" along Sand Lake Rd, about a 5 minute drive from the resort. There were several grocery stores also within 5 minutes, and a nice Whole Foods (which is where we did our shopping) just a few minutes away. I would guess it's safe to say that we're sushi snobs, and we found a great sushi restaurant just off of Sand Lake, called Nagoya Sushi. They accommodated our daughter very well and the food tasted great and was very fresh. It also was a quick and easy drive for us to get to Downtown Disney, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom.

The property does sit all by itself. Initially it was a little off-putting, but we ended up appreciating how quiet the area was and we had a nice open view from our balcony. Also as others have mentioned, you do hear noise from your neighbors. I couldn't hear talking or tv noise, but I could hear someone above us moving chairs around and walking with hard soled shoes. Part of the problem is the hardwood floors. After we noticed the noise, we just tried to be mindful of what we were doing in order not to bother the people below us - no big deal. We always travel with a white noise machine for our daughter, so in her room we couldn't hear anything.

As I said, we did sit through the timeshare presentation. It wasn't anything terrible at all and took about 90 minutes. The sales person was friendly. He certainly did his job by trying to get us to buy. We are respectful of the fact that that's how he puts food on the table for his family, so we listened to what he had to tell us but then told him we weren't interested. He stayed friendly and there was no high pressure or rude behavior from anyone we encountered.

I would stay at this property the next time we visit the Orlando area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family