“Pork Belly Taco”

Paxia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2015

Who'd of thunk that someone would load a conventional taco with pork belly?
The cook at Paxia did it and it was first rate. My friend's lunch was excellent as well.
The server was polite and attentive without being overly friendly. She knew the
menu and was willing to give good advice.
For an old fart like me the ambiance was terrific--low noise level so I could have a
decent conversation without shouting or saying, "huh?" Yes, there were TV
monitors playing sports to no one sitting at the bar. Why do restaurants do this?
No choice about screen time. But all in all I enjoyed the Mexican/Southern U.S.
combo. I will return again and again.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

We live in College Park and are happy to have an authentic Mexican restaurant in our neighborhood. We have been eating here since it opened several years ago. While the food remained consistent, service had become sketchy. However, there is a new owner, Jerry Peppy, from Delray Beach. He greeted us at the door offering to extend the happy hour for our first drink as we had just missed it by 10 minutes. The house margarita was probably the best house one I have had. I ordered one a top shelf afterwards, and it too was good. The food was excellent as usual. Our table had carnitas, steak fajitas and pork belly tacos along with fundido. We were all pleased with our meals. I would encourage you to try it. Much better than Cocina 314 in nearby Winter Park. Say, "Hi" to Jerry.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Sorry Paxia, we expected better. The restaurant area had an unwelcoming appeal. Although empty, we were placed at a tiny table and had to continuously push the curtains to refrain them from dipping in our plates. We also had to manage the wobbly table by ourselves.
We ordered our drinks, nice and cold and a couple of appetizers that made it to the table within seconds.
The complimentary chips were OK, the salsa was pretty watery and out of a jar.
The queso fundido arrived and when we asked for some tortillas, they told us that it did not come with them but we were to use the complimentary chips. With some effort, eventually we got 2 warm tortillas.
The guacamole was also served at the same time, with the same complimentary chips. Now our table started getting crowded.... Our biggest surprise was that we placed an order for a tacos entree and it was ready (and already cold) in seconds. We were only at our second bite of the appetizer that our host served the main entree, piling up the plates on the already very crowded table.
He came back to ask if we were done literally few seconds after brining in the entree as we were still arranging the plates on the table.
The tacos were edible but surely forgettable.
We had nice memories and looked forward to visiting again this venue, but we decided to end this unsavory experience and we asked for the check. The delivery of it took about 12 minutes, twice the time that we spent there "eating". Our credit card did not make it with the receipt and was eventually found on the floor somewhere. We could not wait to leave. Too bad.

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Brigette was my bartender. She was amazing. Made the whole experience phenomenal!! I highly recommend the restaurant. The food was amazing and the drinks are very good! Met the owner Jerry, what a class act! He knows how to greet people and make them feel like family! I instantly felt at home and will continue to return here even if it's for one drink.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

Although, we didn't order any food- the beers were very good and the Malbac they served was very, very nice. Come for Happy Hour and the house wine is only $5 and the food looked awesome if you Mexican food.