“Excellent Food and fun !!”
Review of Benihana

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vineland Ave.
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Justin our cook was excellent !!
He has such a good personality, and made the evening dinner so fun and entertaining.
The food was excellent , I enjoyed the teriyaki steak & shrimp, my friend had scallops & lobster. Our meals included fried rice , salad, soup, zucchini & onions,. icecream. The next time I go to Benihana,
I will ask for extra zucchini, I really would of liked more but everything else was wonderful!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Have not been to one of these in decades! So I was hesitant to go, I did not want to sit at a table with strangers during this virus crisis. I was pleasantly surprise to see that they are doing a great job at social distancing. They even had hibachi tables with only 3-4 people. The biggest surprise was that you can also eat at the bar or at a non-hibachi table! The food was good, tasty & served hit off the grill. The portions were small. I opted for this option. I had the grilled salmon, it was small, under 4 oz, but with the soup, salad, side veggies I was full, still for the price it should have been a full cut. My husband had the steak, and he said it was one of the best ever!

We don't drink but everyone around us had some very exotic looking drinks. Make sure you ask for the green tea, it was excellent & free.

The staff seemed off, confused & table service was pretty bad. Not sure if they were all new, but even the manager seemed out of his element.

Reviewed 25 March 2021

Our server didn't know anything about the menu or drinks. This place is over priced and the food lacked flavor. No sauces were provided for our meal. Kids didn't get soup and salad with their meals it only was an OR option. Neither was their rice fried they only got white rice. For $16 kid meal that should included as an option. We have eaten at many different hibachi and this was the most disappointing experience I have had. Every where we go, Kobe, fujihama and Hokkaido Is way better priced and u get flavor with your food. Our kids were offered corn as their veggies. We always ask for broccoli and we were told the kids meal isn't an option.

2  Thank W2088SNsamanthaf
Reviewed 17 March 2021

We stopped here for lunch around 12:30. They told us it was a 20 minute wait even though it didn't look too busy. The chef guy was very friendly and did a great job cooking our lunch. It seemed like it took a long time to get the food cooked as there were two groups at our table. Overall the whole lunch experience was good and took about two hours. The whole lunch was around $72 for three people.

1  Thank shannonm495
Reviewed 9 February 2021

My husband and I have been looking at off-times to go out on dates, so we err on the early side of the dinner hour just to be safe, especially living in the tourist capital of the world. We arrived at the Benihana on I-drive around 6 on this particular Saturday, and there were a couple of other patrons at the bar, but the stools were socially distanced, and we grabbed a spot at the end. Please note the full menu is available in the bar. I know it's not the same experience as sitting around the communal table, but I find the service to be spot on. Maybe that is because of the exceptional bartenders. Monica was serving us, aided by Maria and Natalia. They were all quite attentive to our needs, and made sure that guests waiting for tables didn't crowd the bar area, which during this sensitive time of COVID, is much appreciated. We felt safe and cared for with their level of service. The food was also very good! I had the chateau briand and my husband enjoyed the ocean treasure. We both had the fried rice. We were not rushed at all; our soups and salads came out first, just as they would had we been seated in the dining room. I enjoyed some hot sake on the chilly January evening, and Monica made sure to check on our drink needs frequently - another benefit of bar seating. I highly recommend this location and the lounge in particular if you're looking for good food, service and atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2021