32 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.comUS$249
PricelineUS$204
FindHotelUS$228
12,423 results
All reviews food court hippy dippy pool the bus preferred room art of animation the bowling pin pool classic hall disney world rooms are small main building gift shop magical express murphy bed magic kingdom dining plan cast members online check
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

I had been putting off staying at this resort because of the decor. Something about the decades didn't appeal to me. That part still doesn't. But the room itself is 100%. It's clean, it's comfortable, and the pull down bed is awesome! It was muuuuch cleaner than I expected. The walk over to the skyliner was swift, we never waited for buses longer than 5 minutes, and shopping/food was within walking distance. The pool was close too but we didn't use the pool this trip. My minor complaints are 1. for some reason, between AOA and Pop, we keep getting placed in the far back corners of buildings. So while we stayed in the 70s building, it felt like we were placed as far away as possible within that building from the food/transportation. And 2. Between all the hair my daughter and I have, to run out of conditioner during our stay was a bit of an annoyance. I guess I figured that the bottles were refilled between guests and that this wouldn't happen. So I didn't bring our own hair products and I certainly couldn't find it within me to spend over $20 for a bottle of conditioner, regardless of how lovely disney hair products are. So we basically just walked around looking like we had lion manes the whole time. No big deal.. Just minor inconveniences. All in all, we will definitely be staying at this resort again. The quality for the price is unmatched.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Hello there! Thank you so much for poppin' by to share this review of your recent stay with us. I'm so glad to know you had such a magical visit, and enjoyed Disney's Pop Century Resort. The convenience of this location is hard to match. Naturally, the Disney Skyliner is magical, but you're also short bus rides to all the magic we have at Walt Disney World Resort.

I appreciate you sharing some photos of your room so our other Guests can get a view of some of the magic you experienced. While I'm thrilled this room suited your needs and was clean and comfortable for you, I'm sorry to learn of the disappointment with your bathroom products. We always encourage our Guests to reach out to the front desk when you need things like this as our Cast Members are always willing to replenish anything you need during your stay.

When you begin planning your next stay with us, I would highly recommend you take a look at the Preferred Room option at this Resort. This room option will put you a little bit closer to things like dining, transportation and the pool area. Then you won't feel like you're so far away.

Thank you again for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another magical stay with us again real soon!

Jody

Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

Horrible customer service!!! Never stay again!! Our bags were left at airport and resort wouldn't accommodate us returning to the airport to retrieve them, although the magical express was half capacity on trip over from airport to resort. Also we were told 1st time Disney occupants received special gifts at check in and nothing. Very disappointed in the hotel! There is no above and beyond at the resort. They have your money and that reflects with the treatment.

1  Thank Voyage535410
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

Went to Disney World for a long weekend. Didn't attempt any parks. We just wanted to enjoy some sunshine and do out of park activities. We went downtown and played mini golf, visited restaurants at other hotels and spent an afternoon at the pool.

Disney has done a fairly good job with all they've had to modify for Covid. We expected things to be different. We just weren't prepared for long lines everywhere.

My major complaint is the Skyliner. It's really fun and a ride in and of itself...but when it's down or there's a delay it really messes everything up.

They are forcing everyone to use the Skyliner with no bus alternative to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. We were late for our breakfast with Mickey at Topolinos Terrace...no problem though they still took our reservation. On our day of departure though we specifically took a later flight to enjoy a nice breakfast at Tratoria Al Forno on the boardwalk. Didn't make it cuz the Skyliner was delayed....lines backed up... would have taken way too long and then we couldn't risk not being able to get back in time for the magical express. And we made sure to leave an hour before our reservation. We had a huge buffer zone.

Happy that Disney is open...happy that Florida is open...but will definitely wait until 2022 for our next big family trip. No way I would wait in these transportation lines...and then lines again to enter a park with no fast passes. Not worth it yet.

1  Thank Psalm19-1

I love that you spent your visit enjoying the Resort and various experiences outside of our Theme Parks! While I'm glad you enjoyed your overall visit, I do apologize for the delays you experienced with the Disney Skyliner. We certainly want to ensure our transportation is running smoothly and efficiently so that our Guests are able to arrive at their destination in a timely manner. It's disheartening to learn that wasn't always the case for you, and I'm sorry you missed out on your final breakfast with us. I do appreciate you taking a moment to share your concerns, and please be assured your comments have been shared with the appropriate areas.

I hope your next visit with us is magical in every way!

Quinn

Reviewed 5 March 2021

Well the place is clean but don’t stay here if you want to sleep.
They woke us up with golf carts outside our door at 4am
Spraying the pool deck at 530 am
And decided to welcome me to my hotel at midnight so my blinking light on the phone would be red flashing all night long
Oh and by the way their pools are closed until 10am, but apparently they need to spray the pool deck at 5am!

The food was awful. Adult meal wouldn’t even feed my 5 year old son!

1  Thank jenniferkH45MU
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

I can understand how incredibly important rest is while on vacation, it's part of the reason you choose to get away from the world and just relax. I'm terribly sorry for the disruptions that seemed to inundate your stay with us. Likewise, it seems you felt quality was lacking in general and I want to assure you this feedback has been received by Resort Leadership as they are always looking for ways to improve upon our Guests' experiences.

Even though this trip didn't truly reflect the Disney difference, I hope we will welcome you back in the future to any one of our many Resort hotels for a much more magical stay.

Brie

Reviewed 5 March 2021

The property at Pop Century is beautiful & well maintained. However, we were extremely disappointed with the room size. The rooms are for exactly 4 ppl. Our family consist of 5 ppl, two adults & three kids. My 11 year old is 5’4 & we couldn’t figure out how we were going to sleep comfortably without getting an additional room. The additional room idea was shattered with the price tag attached.
Housekeeping does not come by everyday. They stop by every other day.
The rooms does not have carpet.
Microwaves are available upon request.
The pools are amazing. Life jackets are available. I would not recommend if family size is more than maximum capacity(4).

1  Thank mrshojo19

Hi there! I'm glad to see our grounds and amenities were right up your family's alley. However, it's understandably frustrating to find a lack of space to spread out. When booking through our official website, this particular location would not be available for a party of 5 because, as you mentioned, the rooms are suited to house four adults at most. I do know that sometimes reservations booked through third party sites can cause such confusion, so I'm sorry your family felt cramped while here.

I'd highly recommend on your next visit checking out Disney's Art of Animation Resort, which offers great Family Suites with plenty of room for five to stretch out and relax while still enjoying all the great amenities of staying at a Resort hotel. We hope to see you again soon for more magic!

Brie