“Great, puntual”

Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 8 September 2017

they picked up us "on time" and took us to our destination at the time schedule, great staff and plenty of space at the bus, easy to purchase tickets online and customer service over the phone was excellent

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I live in Miami, and had a conference to attend in Orlando in one of the Disney area resorts. I really don't like to drive; moreover, road tolls are costly and parking is pricey at hotels, I didn't need a car once I was there. Flying is both expensive and a day-killing hassle for a short trip, and taxi fares from Orlando's airport to Lake Buena Vista are very high, especially for just one person.

So I checked out the possibility of going by bus. At the Gotobus aggregator site, I found that I could go roundtrip via Super Tours of Orlando, for under a hundred dollars, on what appeared to be a comfortable air conditioned motorcoach equipped with WiFi and a rest room, that would take me directly to the door of my hotel.

I wasn't all that surprised when a 16 passenger van with a luggage cart showed up. I assumed we'd be taken to a nearby site where passengers from various parts of the city would be offloaded onto a motorcoach. Another traveler and I were the last passengers picked up, and both of us were waiting at the pickup point and ready to go half an hour earlier than we had been told to be.

But there was no bus. The van kept going--past Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Jupiter, and Ft. Pierce, where we made a rest stop. Still no bus. The good news was that we arrived early, thanks to my and the other person's timeliness at our pickup point. I was the very last passenger dropped off, and I had checked into my hotel a full hour before I was even scheduled to arrive.

Although I was initially irate about the misrepresentation involved in my being transported by van instead of bus, in retrospect it turned out to the easier, more comfortable and faster trip by far. The return trip by motorcoach was much more grueling.

A van picked me up at my hotel at the scheduled time in the late afternoon. We spent over an hour picking up passengers at other sites before we were deposited at the motorcoach pickup point, in the parking lot of a strip mall. We waited outside, in 90+ degree heat, and about the same percent humidity, for the bus to arrive. Fortunately the predicted thunderstorms didn't materialize. After everyone had boarded and the motorcoach took off, it made a few additional stops to pick up passengers. Every seat on the bus was full when we finally got on our way, about 2 hours after I had been picked up.

Once we were on the road, the ride proceeded smoothly. It would have been fine had the air conditioning had worked properly with the bus at full capacity. Unfortunately it did not. It began doing its job about 3 hours into our ride, when the first passengers began getting off. I never got up to use the restrooms, so I cannot attest to their cleanliness or lack of it. The tiny video entertainment screens every 10 rows or so only worked in the very front row of the bus, all of the others were non-functional. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't count on "entertainment" being provided as an amenity.

Although it had taken about 3 1/2 hours for the drive from the shopping center pickup point in Orlando to the first dropoff in Pompano, it would take another 2 1/2 hours for me to get my destination in Miami. The bus made more than a dozen stops in the Miami area (I stopped counting), some of them requiring navigation through traffic jams and a bottleneck on Miami Beach where 3 lanes merged into one. I finally arrived at my dropoff destination near my home half an hour late, and more than 7 1/2 hours after I had left my hotel at WDW.

On the whole, personnel were fairly helpful and courteous. However, they did not speak English, and the bus driver made all announcements in Spanish. This affected not only me, but other non-Spanish speakers, such as a family of Chinese tourists. I have been on buses in Europe and Asia where I heard more and better English than on this trip within Florida. While Miami-Dade county has a large Spanish-speaking population, central Florida, where Orlando is located, does not. Considering the large number of tourists from all over the world who come to Orlando who themselves speak limited English, the inability of Super Tours personnel to communicate in any language other than Spanish ought to be a problem for them.

Some other observations and tips for passengers contemplating making this trip:

1. Don't be in a hurry to book. I made the mistake of assuming that by booking earlier I would be assured of space and get a better fare. Instead, the fare dropped by more than 25% between the time I made my reservation in April and when I traveled. Tickets are absolutely nonrefundable and non-changeable. (I am not sure whether this is true only for reservations booked via Gotobus or Super Tours itself is equally inflexible with direct reservations.) Once you book, you are stuck.

2. Do not book through an aggregator. My confirmations from Gotobus included links to Super Tours' specific company baggage policies and other information that turned out to be nonfunctional. I had to phone Super Tours directly to find out its baggage policies, which are more liberal (2 pieces of luggage plus a handbag) than the generic policy cited on the Gotobus web page (1 piece of luggage plus a handbag), and recommends checking the policies of the specific company.

3. Dress in lightweight comfortable clothing for the poorly air-conditioned portion of the journey, then have a sweater or wrap for when people start getting off and the bus gets cold. Be prepared for bad weather with a raincoat and/or umbrella, since there is no indoor waiting area in Orlando when switching from a van to a bus. It's just a parking lot.

4. Not recommended for anyone with a physical disability. They simply aren't prepared to handle it.

All in all, bus travel via Super Tours is a potentially cost effective transportation alternative to flying and driving. It does, however, have some potential downsides and delays of which travelers should be aware.

1  Thank Profco
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Abandoned my family with 2 small children at night with no where to stay and no transportation because of their computer error.

My family had a email confirming that we were to be picked up at 7 pm in front of our hotel by super tours. At about 7:15 no one had shown up. We called and they said we were supposed to be picked up at 5:30 pm. We told them that was not what our confirmed reservation said. They pulled our reservation up and said that, yes, their computer had emailed us the incorrect pickup time. No one bothered to call when we were not there at 5:30 also.

At this point I explained that my family with small children had no means of transportation in the city we were in and asked what they could do to help. Would they help us rent a car? Get a hotel? They offered no help. They never even acted sympathetic. They said they would either pick us up the next day or not charge us for the trip that we didn't take because of their admitted error.

I said that was not acceptable, that they had some responsibility to help us solve this problem and they could not just abandon our family with small children to figure out what to do that night with no assistance. They said they could simply do no more.

Finally, a supervisor agreed to at least refund our entire charge (to and fro, we were trying to get back home) to help offset the cost of whatever my family had to do that night. Not great, but something.

Luckfully, we found a car rental place open late and were able to just get in before they locked up for the night. In the middle of us scurrying around to do that, the same manager called back and basically said she changed her mind and would only refund the portion of the trip we missed and proceeded to refund us 48% of our round trip charge. I know that's only 2% less than half but the fact she took the time to call back when she knew we were scrambling around to fix their mistake, to rescind her offer of a full refund to give us a 48% refund was just so indicative of how little they cared about the situation they put us in.

Our children cried because they were scared when we had that hour where we had no idea what we were doing.

Please, do me and yourself a favor. Don't use this company. I don't want anyone else to have to be treated so poorly.

2  Thank Poppies_Rule
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

I got on the bus at 4:45 am in Hialeah fl going to Orlando they go far south and stop In 25 places passengers are not allowed to get of the bus not even for water the don't sale anything on board not refreshment ones or ever so be prepared to starve to death for 7 hours this is anti human Please pass this information to others this is not funny this people should be out of business the driver stop in the service plaza alone I 95 gets food and water for him self and locks the door so people don't get off the bus I'm going thru hell at the moment yeah it was only 20 dollars but they should tell people about the conditions that they will travel...