We just returned from a week long stay at this hotel. We chose this hotel for its proximity to Universal Studios, the free breakfast (every day) and manager's reception (Monday - Thursday), and price. We are a family of 5 with three boys ages 9-11 and usually stay at Homewood Suites or Residence Inns.
The hotel was fine for its price. It is not the best Homewood Suites but given the traffic and the range of clientele the hotel experiences more wear and tear. The breakfast staff, especially Maria, are very hard working and we appeciated their efforts. I was embarrassed for some of the guests who left garbage and plates on their tables instead of cleaning up after themselves.
My only complaints concern maintenance, laundry, business center, and housekeeping in general. It just seemed like someone wasn't monitoring basic amenities or common areas.
(1) Our room was missing a light bulb in the bedroom. This doesn't seem like a big deal but my son almost reached his hand in the socket when trying to turn on the light (he thought maybe there was a switch closer to the bulb). The maintenance guy was friendly but this should have been caught/known before.
(2) The laundry rooms are unkept. It is clear that they are rarely cleaned given the dirt/dust on the machines and in the rooms themselves. The 5th floor facility had garbage bags, garbage, etc. all over so I used the 3rd floor laundry. That had lint and old clothes on the floor. I commented about their condition to the front desk and they said someone would be there to clean them. In the 2 hours that I did laundry no one came to clean.
(3) The phone was pulled off the wall in the business center and one of the printers was out of ink. The light was blinking when I arrived and my guess is that it had been out for a while. We reported it and had to start all over on the computer (boarding passes). No one came to replace the toner while we were there.
(4) The room was clean when we arrived but not really cleaned during our stay (the bathroom floor had a shoe print all week). That didn't bother us too much but housekeeping threw out shampoo, conditioner, and soap every day. This meant we had to ensure that we had all these things before getting into the shower. It just seemed like a waste and I've never had a hotel do this every day.
The room itself has the bathroom off of the bedroom. While the sink is outside of the toilet/shower, there are no doors or curtains separating the sink area from the bedroom. That was a little tough. The bathroom also does not have a fan. Depending on your family, this means all your clothes changing, etc. is done in a hot, steamy bathroom.
In all, you can't beat the price and location. We walked to Universal (10-15 minutes) and also took the shuttle (usually back to the hotel -- its the first stop back). Its a quick drive to restaurants, the mall, etc.
If we didn't stay here again it would be because of the room configuration and the lack of attention to areas like the laundry room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest To Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Universal
- Suites Orlando
- Homewood Orlando
- Homewood Universal Suites
- Orlando Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Orlando-Nearest To Univ Studios Florida