“Cheesy show and bad seating.”

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Ranked #23 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
Hayward, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cheesy show and bad seating.”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I know disneyworld is suppose to be about disney and being young and having fun. But be informed that there are also adults watching too. it was great for my kids to dance up there but after that everything just went down hill. the dancers didnt look polynesian. one of the girls looked very overly muscular and the main character looked very asian which by the way she came to our table and shook our hand and thanked us for coming. I asked her name, and her name is Jen with a J she emphasized. But may i add extremely cheesy and she over acted everything. they story line had been poorly written, in fact i searched on youtube and come to find out, THIS SHOW HAD BEEN THE SAME SINCE 1986. we paid extra money for the best seats and realized the section below us that didnt pay were actually the table RIGHT NEXT TO US. Talk about wasting our money for seats that arent drastically different. All in all i would say please do not go. save your money and go somewhere else. but if you like seeing asians pretend as polynesians, cheesy over acting, and overly muscular girls??....by all means go ahead. in my opinion the bread and salad were the best part of this SPIRIT OF ALOHA experience. the food is awsome.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank menderez

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“gratuity is voluntary”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The price was good for the show they put on, but have we forgotten the definition of gratuity; (Websters definition) Something given "'voluntarily"' or beyond obligation in return for a service. Would we have gotten better service if the servers knew that how they treated their guest, would determine the amount of tip. I would have perfered Disney just made if all one price, instead of making a seperate, mandatory "tip" Will not do it again.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank t b
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Check the weather before going”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I almost wish the had cancelled the show because we missed so much of it due to weather. We didn't see the fire act, which I heard was great, and other portions were cut. It's not their fault there was a downpour, but it's not the guest's fault either. It looks like it Would have been a great show. I'll have to come back.

Food was good. Not excellent but not bad either. Unlimited portions with the usual great Disney service, very nice music and story. I'll definitely try again and I'm sure (if the weather is better) there will be a better review forthcoming.

1 Thank hederafemme
New York City, New York
“Great Show and Dinner”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I went to the show with my husband and two children (6 and 4). At first i was nervous because i wasn't sure if my kids would like it especially since they are young. I'm proud to say not only did the kids loved it but we did too! The food was so great and there was a lot of it. My daughter (who is a picky eater) loved the chicken but i thought it was nice that if your kids didn't want to eat what was on the buffet served at the table they would make them something else. We had category one seating which is right in front and it was totally worth it. We are having fun the whole time! We had gone to the 8pm show and when that was over at 10pm and you exicted the Luau Cove the fireworks were going off at Cinderella's Castle and you had a perfect view. i would definitely recommend this to families and couples.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Christina L
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“1st time seeing the show”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have to say 1st of all, I like many others we were 50/50 on wether or not to see the show. We were on the premium plan, so were able to get cat. 1 seating, ( after seeing the show, that's really the only way to get seats with a good view). Have to say the food was good and it was plentifull. Our waitress was Kim and she was really hopping but she did a good job at seeing our needs met. Yes, the show is a little "cheesey" but overall it was a really entertaining experience, and a nice way to spend an evening. Loved sitting right down front and being able to see everything.

Visited February 2012