“Moment to remember”

Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "California Grill is a Signature Dining restaurant that serves up award-winning gourmet dinners and sweeping views atop Disney's Contemporary Resort. Venture into this vibrant and charged atmosphere and watch the creation of culinary masterpieces in the on-stage kitchen.
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited California grill during our holiday to Disney world and it is without a doubt the best restaurant we experienced here, and also probably one of the best restaurants that we have experienced anywhere. The location at he top of Disney’s Contemporary Resort is stunning and the decor is absolutely amazing. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and taken to the bar where we looked over the extensive wine menu before being seated at our table. For our starters we had the charcuterie selection, which was delicious and for mains we both had the 16 Oz rib eye that was cooked to perfection, and was served with seasonal vegetables. What is also amazing about the restaurant is that we were able to watch the happily ever after fireworks from the balcony overlooking magic kingdom after our dinner. This made for a truly special night, one that my partner and I will remember for a long time. If you are visiting Disney world I would strongly recommend having dinner here, as I cannot find a single fault with it.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This was an extremely special occasion - visiting from the UK and celebrating a big 40th at the California Grill.

A bit of context is required - this was our first full day in the US so there were elements of tiredness that hampered the night - I'll keep the review mainly based on the food and the service.

The food - it really was very very good. Maine lobster was a common choice and there wasn't any left on any plate. The steak was also a popular choice, and again, no complaints at all.

The service however left a lot to be desired. We were left sitting without a drink by the bar for a considerable length of time before eventually being seated. I'd ordered a bottle of champagne that, by the time we got to the table, was warm. It seemed to take an eternity to order, and when we did, it was as equally long a wait for the food to arrive.

The service aside, this is a pretty special place to eat. The fireworks in the Magic Kingdom were spectacular.

I'm not sure I would go back to the Cali Grill (this was our second time there) as there are so many other great venues popping up across the Disney estate - better value is to be had I'd say.

Another quick point of note - it's a bit of hassle to get to the Contemporary Resort - the welcomed additional security checks that Disney have installed mean that you need to go through them at the Magic Kingdom before you can walk to the Contemporary. Recommend that you give yourself an extra half hour to get there.

I wouldn't say "don't go", but for me, the only thing that makes this a premium Disney offering is purely the food.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Everything about this place is perfect. The food, the service, the view, the wines!! One of the best meals I have ever eaten and my family agreed. I had the filet which was so tender I could cut it with my fork. It is pricey but worth it to treat yourself if you can. We had 3 different desserts and shared them and all were delicious.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Situated at the top of Disney's Contemporary Resort Hotel is one of Disney's signature restaurants. I will make this brief - you have to go here! The food is brilliant, the wine list vast and the open plan kitchen is amazing.

Brilliant service, fantastic views and the open air terraces are the perfect location to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Yes it's expensive but as soon as you walk in to the restaurant you realise it's worth every penny. We had steak, fish and pork dishes and they were wonderful. The desserts were tasty as and the French press coffee a perfect end to the meal.

It's just brilliant and worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This place is amazingly wonderful! The food is out-of-this-world delicious! Sushi is top-notch! Wide variety of wines and drinks. The view is spectacular! Service is impeccable.