“Wow! Kres is amazing”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Transit: Downtown Orlando has a complimentary bus system that loops the downtown area and is available on late nights when there are special events happening at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center, Amway Arena, etc. The "LYMO" bus system stops on the corner of Church Street and Orange Avenue adjacent to Kres Chophouse.
Description: The present and past pair beautifully at Kres Chophouse, a classic, top tier Steakhouse with a modern eclectic flair. This premier Steakhouse embodies the heart of Orlando's historic district, featuring chic and elegant décor within the striking architecture of a 1930's landmark. A thoughtful layout with luxurious banquettes and private dining options create an intimate dining atmosphere. Located in the center of downtown. 5 minute walk to the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts and the Amway Center. A few blocks to the NEW Soccer Stadium and a short complimentary bus ride to the Camping World Stadium.
Reviewed 29 January 2021

I was so impressed! Came with a party of 6 and sat at a crescent round table which was perfect to al enjoy conversation. Loved the lounge style decor. Service was incredible right from the start! John, an owner, stopped by our table and I just always love that extra touch. I had the salmon and it was in the top 2 salmon dishes I’ve ever had (other was in Seattle). This restaurant gets it! You must try Kres. Perfect for a business dinner with a large party, an intimate date night or a fun girls night out. Love Kres! I will be back for sure.

1  Thank Tatahfrawley
Write a reviewReviews (478)

Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

Excellent service , espectacular dinner
My husband is vegan and they have a great menu , the vegan chef Jane came to the table to speak to my husband , he was in heaven , our waiter Alan was super polite, friendly and everything he recommended was great , delicious , portions are perfect . The dessert créeme brûlée it will melt in your mouse .
Thank you as well to Andre very friendly, he took our pictures . Another thank you to the hostess , Rubi and the other lady , sorry forgot her name , but they are excellent for that position .
We can wait to go back

1  Thank mafafe12
Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

Fantastic! Everything was wonderful! Service outstanding. Bar selection great. Lobster bisque warm and creamy. Steamed perfectly prepared. White chocolate bread pudding was good. Expensive but worth it!

1  Thank 33nancyl
Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

Amazing dinner! MIckey was our server and bartender and he was phenomenal! The drinks were not weak but very nicely crafted. He was even able to accommodate our special request off the lunch/dinner menu. Can’t wait to come back! Absolutely great service and experience!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank jasminee857
Reviewed 1 November 2020

Our favorite place when we are in Orlando, but we may pass next trip. We arrived at 6 pm and there was no crowd so we were promptly seated at a booth. As dinner progressed others were seated closer than 6 feet from us. One couple only a partition away. We ordered a nice bottle of wine which our waiter had difficulty pouring all evening. My romaine wedge salad was very good, but I asked two people before getting pepper. My husband loved his Caprese salad. My filet was served medium rare with a slight char. My husband’s NY strip had too much fat/ grizzle. Mushrooms were more than enough to share. No one came by to inquire whether our steaks were cooked properly. We never saw a manager on Thursday evening. Our waiter even asked my husband if he would like to take his steak home. He replied that he could not eat it due to the grizzle. There was no response. We finished our wine and left. This is not the Kres we have come to know. I am giving this 3.5 rating .

Date of visit: October 2020