“not impressed. but large portions”

The Plaza Restaurant
Ranked #452 of 4,120 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We were able to get a last minute reservation but not very happy with our choice. I chose the meat loaf- big portion but very plain- served with mashed potatoes and green beans- all very bland. Paid around $25 for my lunch alone- definitely not worth it. I was very disappointed in this Disney restaurant. Service was ok but several times waited on refills. Would not return.

1  Thank Cassandra W

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I dined here on Wednesday September 20th and were very pleased with the quality of food. I had the fried green tomato sandwich and my husband had the cheesesteak. All were flavorful. Our server was friendly and for the most part he was quick. The place was full at 11:40 when we arrived for our reservation. The tables were crammed in the dining room and I had to keep moving out of the way so the person sitting behind me could get up from their table. The root beer float was delicious!

1  Thank AdamandAmber U
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant in our first week and had an amazing meal served by a fantastic member of their team who was happy throughout service. This led to us choosing to come back here on our last evening for our last meal. We were extremely disappointed, the waitress serving us did not smile once and was very unapproachable! We had the bill put on our table without being offered deserts and their was no offer of plastic cups for our shakes which we had not finished. We felt rushed out and after paying a lot to eat here left only a small tip due to our bad service. When returning next year to Disney I would be apprehensive about eating here!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

The food here is good. Friendly staff. The Plaza is centrally located within the Magic Kingdom which is nice. Also, has a nice view of the castle.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

With a prime location near the end of Main Street and the junction of all the lands in Magic Kingdom, we were excited to try this restaurant for the first time (9/7).

For starters, there is NO bathroom inside and you have to walk across to the nearest one which is by the Tomorrowland Terrace. During the fireworks this would be next to impossible in under 5+ minutes. One of us always likes to wash hands prior to starting a meal and couldn't believe when he sat down to order, that he then had to exit the restaurant to go "wash up."

Since I have back problems lately I did not appreciate the close tables, seriously close as in I put a pen between them to measure how close and it was pen length plus @ 1-2 inches. I could not fit between tables and started to move our table to sit down and the hostess just stood there watching. The tables are VERY heavy, I could not slide it away, and just for curiosity's sake I didn't ask for help just to see if she could be bothered to help. She didn't. My boyfriend slid the table over for me then adjusted it for more room. The front room (facing the restaurant, way to the left) has tables which are far too close together! The woman at the table next to ours was dining alone and seemed uncomfortable the entire time.

I had the club sandwich, my boyfriend had (neither of us can remember, it was quite unmemorable!), and we had to wait quite a while for extra napkins. My water refills were few and far between. One star is for attention to my questions about asiago cheese (I'm allergic) and flax/flaxseed. The chef told me most multi-grain breads have flax which I did not know. The other star is because my club sandwich was decent.

We won't eat here again; there are so many other more memorable restaurants at Disney World!

2  Thank wdwmk2017