We had a large group of people (4 adults, 5 kids 2-13 years old). Great space for such a large group. We never felt crowded. Overall, we were exceedingly pleased with our stay. Our reservation was for a 4 BR Bahama Suite, but we were upgraded to the 4 BR Grand Cayman. The room was clean, but we were on the top floor of building 1 which was nowhere near the pool and a bit of a hike with 4 kids and a 2 year old. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to your needs. The resort location was convenient to everything, just a short drive to WDW, Universal, WalMart and Downtown Disney.
We did have a few glitches, but again they were very accommodating. The mechanical room for the elevators was outsides one of the master bedrooms and every time the elevator was used, you'd hear a loud knocking sound. The first night, my brother thought someone was knocking at the door. They offered to move our room, but we chose not to pack, move and unpack 9 people.
I was a little disappointed that our dining table only seated 6, especially when you consider we were in a room that accommodated 10. And the King size sheets didn't seem to fit the beds. Not a huge deal, as I would adjust when I returned from the restroom during the night. It was great having the washer and dryer. We all went home from vacation with clean laundry.
The week we were there, the weather was in the high 80s - low 90s. Midway through our stay, we came back from the pack early evening to find our AC had stopped working. 2 calls to the front desk saw a maintenance man to the room in just over an hour. Turns out the line was frozen. Once again they offered to switch our room, which we declined. The GM Darryl was exceedingly kind and discounted our room for our troubles.
We used the Pizza Hut Express and the store, which was pricey but convenient. We went to the Irish Pub twice. The food was good and even the kids ate well.
All in all, we'll be staying there again and are currently planning a trip back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida