Do NOT expect a resort-like experience... more of an apartment/condo/timeshare rental complex feel than a resort, offering minimal hotel amenities one would expect from an allegedly 4-Star property... Extra charge for housekeeping services of ANY sort (towels, trash removal, cleaning, etc.), an altogether inconvenient park shuttle transportation system with only 2 pre-scheduled departure & pickup times....not even taking you to or from Magic Kingdom, but only to/from Epcot or Universal where you then must take the monorail too...ended up not even using their shuttle because the Expedia team member named Kerry was simply so rude and unaccommodating. The actual hotel staff were friendly and helpful at check-in thanks to a young man named Michael and female named Yari who jumped to the occasion and had my pre-ordered flower arrangement delivered before we got into the room... unfortunately this should have been done hours before since I called days in advance and requested the front desk have the flowers waiting for our arrival in the room...where else would they go? A trace was not set nor were the proper notes made on my reservation to make this happen. Why would flowers delivered at 4pm for a guest checking in that evening sit behind the front desk until after 9pm?!? This error on multiple members put a damper on our babymoon getaway from the get go... But I would like to give credit to the two staff members that checked me in and rushed these flowers to the room immediately to make up for a collective failure (Yari!). The pirate pool slide and sitting areas were nice and relaxing, offering some poolside drinks by the bar and minimal food options. Bar tenders at Lani's Luau and staff at Frankie Ferrels by the main office were all great, decent ribs and draught beer list from Frankie's were an extra! Convenience store on site was helpful in making up for the fact that the rooms were devoid of any amenities/snacks/drink.
Our stay wasn't horrible...big room, plenty of space, balcony and full kitchen with 2 bathrooms, plus the fireworks view were all great the one night we saw them...yet we'll likely never ever return. Afraid to use too much shampoo fearing it may cost us $10-20 for refills....no showers anybody haha! Plus, despite being extended a courteous late check-out of 2pm after the flower debacle during check-in, our door was knocked on twice the morning of our departure...first shortly after the typical 11am check-out time by housekeeping, then again about 20 mins later by engineering....indicative of a clear breakdown of interdepartmental communication stemming from somebody not properly denoting the late check-out time promised and/or not setting a trace with hsk, eng, fd, etc.
Thanks for the partially relaxing experience. Yari was the one star of our experience, saving the day on multiple occasions with her quick wits and eternal smile. Michael also lightened the mood while checking me in to make the necessary amends.
All in all, this is an okay place for families to sleep while they visit the theme parks... Not much of a romantic or relaxing getaway destination whatsoever. Now I know...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida