“Great location, really awful housekeeping”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #91 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 September 2007

We stayed in a 2/2 condo -- it was decorated beautifully and had great amenities. However, I do not recommend their housekeeping service. They did an awful job! Didn't replace the toiletries they removed from the shower that weren't all used up (so we were left with nothing), didn't clean the kitchen well at all, and actually took the pillowcase off of one of our personal pillows for some reason and did not return it.

Great location though and overall a great place to stay. Still under construction, and they don't budge on late checkout.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah B
Write a ReviewReviews (8,875)

Reviewed 7 September 2007

Rooms are beautiful, new, spacious and clean! Customer service is outstanding! I unfortunately lost my phone charger while on vacation and called to see if someone had found it. I was transferred to Jasmina from housekeeping to leave a message. She returned my call to tell me that no one had seen it (already great service as the OTHER hotel I called never bothered to call me back at all!) She even asked if I could send her an e-mail with a picture of the charger. She looked through a box of over 200 chargers to see if there was a match. Unfortunately, no match was found, but I still remain hugely impressed with Jasmina's effort to find it for me. I highly recommend this resort!

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank love2travel87
Reviewed 4 September 2007

I should probably start off by saying that I'm sorta picky....The condo units were very spacious. My family rented a 2 bed/2 bath condo. The rates at this hotel were more reasonable than the Hilton Resort where our family normally stays, but the reasons for the affordability became evident (keep reading). My primary reason for choosing this resort/condo was that is was new , the price was reasonable, and it's convenient to the Disney theme parks. I've passed by the hotel/condo on a previous visit to Orlando. The outlet mall next door to the resort was also a plus, however it is small compared to most outlets.

What didn't I like about the hotel? First the walls were thin and there were no darkening window treaments in the bedroom, so if you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. Secondly, you must pay extra for cleaning, which means the sheers are not changed, no new towels, no trash pickp-up unless you pay an additional fee .... not a major problem for a short visit. I ended up washing my own towels since there is a washer/dryer in the unit. Continuing with the negatives, the air conditioner unit was LOUD and the shower and tub leaked in both bathrooms (also some evidence of mildew), another traveler mentioned the mildew and leaks also. The units should be clearner since this is a new hotel. The impact of non-inclusive dailiy room cleaning is already starting to show. Oh I almost forget, the fridge was not positioned well, everytime we opend the door it slammed against the wall making a loud bang!

If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your hotel room, then the negatives may not be a big problem for you. If you are on a budget and need the space this is hotel maybe a good value. However if you are planning an extended trip, or will be spending time relaxing by the pool ( it was small compared to most), or if you are a clean freak you may want to consider spending a little more money and staying somewhere else.

P.S. If you bring a laptop be sure to ask for a cable at the front desk. They do not keep them in the room and you have to sign a paper stating you will pay $25 if not returned at checkout. No wireless.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank Wanda J
Reviewed 30 August 2007

I can't say enough good things. We had a 3 bed 2 bath condo. a FANTASTIC jacuzzi roman tub in our en suite which was lovely to relax in after a long day at the parks. Beds were very comfortable and everything was new and very clean. Tv's in all 3 bedrooms and huge tv in lounge. Had read on someones review that there wasn't a kettle so contemplated taking one, glad I didn't as there was a hob kettle. Also iron and ironing board, hairdryers, cups, glasses cutlery, plenty of towels and pillows and coat hangers, in fact everything that you could possibly need. We only actually used the kitchen once to cook in but the washing machine and tumble dryer were in constant use so all our clothes were clean to come back. Massive fridge/freezer was handy and we froze drinks to take to the parks.

Also the air conditioning was a godsend but there were also ceiling fans in all of the rooms.

There was a reasonably sized balcony and we were on the fourth floor overlooking the pool. There were always spare sun loungers and plenty of towels by the pool.

We visited the Irish bar a few times and had a couple of meals there which were very nice and it was only a 10 min drive to Disney and about 20 mins to Universal.

Stayed in a hotel on I drive last time we visited but definitely would not consider it again after staying here, loved this condo in fact I could have stayed and lived in there.

The complex isn't finished yet though there is work going on all the time, it doesn't bother you, you don't hear any noise.

Will definitely be returning

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank Lesley D
Reviewed 26 August 2007

We booked our stay as a last minute "get away" and could not believe how much we got for so small a price. The resort is very new ,and the room featured 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, a kitchen, table, and small living room w/plasma screen TV and also contained a washer and dryer, and a small balcony. This place is perfect for families on a budget. Bring your own drinks, snacks, cereal, coffee, paper towels, and anything you want to prepare for meals, as all the cookware, plates, silverware are there. There is an Irish Pub on site with good food at reasonable prices. Also, right next door is an outlet mall. You are only 10 - 15 minutes away from the parks, but a shuttle is available too. We were very happy with this resort and will definintely book in the future.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple