“Less-than-ideal Korean BBQ experience”
Review of Izziban

Izziban
Ranked #766 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Florida Mall
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Was visiting family and looking for some late night eats and decided to try out Izziban. I've been to many other Korean BBQ places, and the experience was a bit strange. Our server was courteous, but did not explain how to use the grill (which was quite small) and the explanation of the portion sizes was unclear (which is relevant since there is a charge for leftover food), and we ended up ordering more food than was appropriate for three people. Every other Korean BBQ place I've been to, the servers cook your food for you, and cut up the meat into pieces and serve it to you. Here, you are left to your own devices to cut up and cook your food. There is hot bar and salad bar with various picked veggies, sauces, etc. I was accustomed to those things being brought to the table. I also ordered a spicy tuna roll, which was tasty. The meat itself was decent, but I don't think I'd return.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Every single time we go to this restaurant, we can't skip the cheese roll. Since the 1st time we try it, we love it.
Excellent costumer service, place is extremely clean and we always find a new roll to try.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Perfecyly sliced sushi and wonder sushi chief. Always good at bar.

Look forward ti try BBQ. Love flying gish green and red with quail eggs.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Interesting decor, good happy hour prices (before 7pm), outside happy hour price/value ratio drops a bit

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

First time there and it was great! Nice atmosphere! We went about an hour, hour and a half before closing. I love how you're able to cook the food yourself. It's just like going to a Hibachi restaurant like Kobes and Benihanas except you're the chef. We did the buffet for $24.99 each person and there was a lot of variety. What I didn't like is that if you have 1/2 pound of food leftover, they charge you the cost of another buffet dinner ($24.99). That sucks AND you can't take the food home. I understand that they don't want you wasting the food but if you're going to charge me for not finishing my food, you might as well let me take it home. [[[side note - We weren't charged extra. To be honest, my cousin put the excess food in a napkin and threw it away in the bathroom]]] I'd definitely go back tho! Probably not for the buffet tho! I can't eat that much.