“The Halibut Experience ”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #1,316 of 4,275 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Haven't been to CPK since I lived in Arizona. This time we wanted to try something different other than, pizza. Tonight ordered the halibut although I eat this fish everyday, it was since to try it cooked in a different way. The chicken lettuce wraps were awesome. The restaurant overall was nice and the staff was friendly. Since it was the holidays there was a small band planning Christmas music. Other than the annoying sound of the violin playing, we would come back.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I don't understand the good reviews. I ordered what I believe was one of their signature pizzas... BBQ chicken. What I got was crust that was like a piece of cardboard, smeared with a bit of BBQ sauce and possibly a little chicken but it was hard to find. I was so underwhelmed but didn't say anything because my friend loves the place as was treating me to lunch. I would never go back on my own again. Maybe other dishes are better, but one would think choosing something they are "famous" for would be a good bet. Not so much... Oh, and the not-so-great food has a fairly great price. This place was so underwhelming that I forgot to review it for a couple months...

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We took our daughter and a bunch of her friends from UCF for lunch here. I have not been to a CPK in awhile and it was a pleasant surprise. The menu has many options for interesting pizzas, flatbreads, salads and pastas. Everyone enjoyed there food and we ordered a wide variety of items.

The waiter was very attentive and was always there to refill our waters. Three of the girls ordered the same pasta dish and the kitchen staff messed up and only made two. As soon as they realized the mistake, they were not only quick to prepare a third one but the waiter immediately told us what happened, was very apologetic and told us that pasta dish would be removed from our bill plus they gave us a free dessert on the house.

The tables are spaced far enough apart so you are not on top of other parties and it was not noisy so you could carry on a conversation with everyone at the table. I would definitely come back here again.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Had lunch with my young son at CPK the other day in Waterford Lakes. Believe it or not it was cool enough to actually sit outside. Not sure why they keep changing the outside area but now the comfy benches are gone and they're back to tables but that's OK because it was comfy under the shade of the umbrellas. My son ordered a regular tomato and cheese pizza and he likes it made special like the kids meal pizza but an adult size and they always accommodate him. I ordered the thin crust margarita pizza which was sensational. Our server Matt was very nice and friendly and was very quick to fix the mistake when my sons pizza came out incorrectly. Of course we had to order the butter cake with Heloise vanilla ice cream on top to go because it's the most delicious dessert ever.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I have never been to this kind of restaurant. I think they have great pizzas. My pepperoni pizza was delicious, and so was the crust. Our server was also very nice.