“Excellent food, craft beer and server!”

Marlow's Tavern Oviedo
Ranked #21 of 175 Restaurants in Oviedo
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Description: Marlow's Tavern offers classic American fare in a comfortable and unique atmosphere for guests to create memorable experiences, enjoy chef-driven food and handcrafted cocktails. The restaurant is warm and inviting with large leather booths and communal tables, plus an all-weather, covered patio. The restaurant opens daily at 11:30 a.m. to serve lunch, happy hour and dinner.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My buddy and I ate here on 3/27/18, at 7 PM in the evening. the Tavern is within walking distance of my friend's apartment, which was awesome. The tavern was busy, but we were seated quickly. Our waitress came right over, and gave us a quick talk on the tavern: no microwaves, everything is cooked fresh, great selection of craft beers. We asked her to steer us to her favorite craft beer, which was Jai Alai by the Cigar City brewing co. It was amazing! Had a light taste with just a hint of citrus (nice taste of grapefruit juice). The waitress had tried most of the entrees, except shellfish, and recommended a few items. We settled on Shrimp Grits for my buddy, and I got the Tavern Salad topped with Grilled Salmon. My friend said the shrimp were delicious, and he really liked the grit cakes and sauce the dish came with. His serving was large, and he took some home. My salad was fresh and crisp, and the Salmon was cooked just right. There are TVs to watch, and the tavern has nice ambience!
They have outdoor or indoor seating, really nice bar to sit at. Overall, great experience at Marlow's! highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

First: Don't expect an extensive menu. Limited in choices. 15% overpriced by Item for the Area! Taking advantage of the park and the apartments around them: I understand that.
While my burger was prepared correctly; I would not rush back for another. The Steak Fritter's may one day worth a look.
I do not believe in paying 4-6.75 per beer ever. If the beers are that much: Tremble at what the children have to pony up for a date and one drink!

That Being Said! Service was excellent and friendly.

Price as stated is elevated over the area it inhabits!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

At this writing, I've dined at Marlow's three times. I've been pleased with each. First and third visits were during relatively slow times, although as we lingered during our first early dinner there, the crowd gradually grew until eager diners were stacking up at the door or turning tail, frustrated by the longer wait times.

Service at all three visits was friendly and timely, even on that busier second outing when a bunch of us guys wandered in on a crowded "ladies night." Full bar. Extensive can and bottle selection of craft beers. Only a couple of local brews on tap, though, and that was disappointing. If you're looking for a restaurant with plenty of draft choices, you're better served at BJ's or Rock & Brews.

Our dinners were tasty and presented well. The menu is not extensive if you're looking for a plated entree, but among the finger foods and appetizers and entrees the variety is adequate. Noise level was not too bad (it's quieter on the outside patio, unless they are hosting live musicians). One of my pet peeves is a noisy restaurant. I don't go out to listen to music and prefer to have it in the background where it doesn't interfere with conversation among my dining companions.

Typical of most tavern/pub/sportsbar eateries, Marlow's has its share of TVs scattered around the room. Up to you whether that distracts from or enhances your dining experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We returned to Marlow’s for the food, at a less popular time. Music was still loud, and it was very cold. We even saw a male patron go back to his car for a jacket.

The Hamburger Royales were the best hamburgers we have ever had, well worth the premium price. We’d come more often if the atmosphere was better.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Even on a busy Friday night, the service and the food was very good. The selection is limited, but has variety. Our food was served promptly and fresh from the stove- no heat lamp here! The noise might make it hard for serious conversations, but the excellent food is worth the visit.